Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red meat and cancer page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Did you read the second article?

Chilly response may be a bit too soft, Absolute Zero may be more appropriate, it was a silly post by OP, to post a link they didn't bother to read.
    Sorry if I offended you; it really wasn't intentional.

And I didn't read either article. I'm not going to waste my time reading anything that states, "BLANK causes cancer." I've read enough untruthful crap disguised as 'science' to last me a lifetime.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    For one thing, correlation doesn't equal causation. You have to identify a cause and
    affect relationship to make definite statements like this.

But anyways, eating less is suppoed to help prevent cancer because it helps the body to eat away bad cells. If this is true, then clearly too much red meat could be an issue. But even that clearly depends on the context. It's not a simple matter of good food vs bad food.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    It has also been found that more people in tornado alley are red meat eaters. The only conclusion is of course that red meat causes tornado's.

"People who ate more red meat were less physically active and more likely to smoke and had a higher body mass index"

"The fear of red meat started right after WWII, when scientists observed that the incidence of heart disease was low in occupied Europe after WWII at a time when Europeans were eating less cholesterol (meat, dairy, eggs). Never mind that sugar, flour, alcohol, cigarettes, and gas were scarce after the war and so people were eating less sugar and refined white flour, drinking and smoking less and walking more"

I guess you can believe what you want to believe. Let me see. I'm not eating refined carbohydrates, I'm not smoking or drinking alcohol and I'm more physically active. Ah-ha, There is less heart disease because everyone is eating less red meat. Embarrassing really.
    Perhaps someone (like the UN) has an agenda?
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Lol... you trolls need to get some new ammo.

This horse has bean beaten, killed, entrails eaten... then I crawled inside for warmth. Fung shuied the organs and spent the winter. Upon exit in the spring I cooked it low and slow over an open pit and fed the village.

What was the question?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vibe View Post
    There seem to be lots of studies out there saying red meat (beef) directly causes cancer, for example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/he...ease.html?_r=0

Nancy Deville: Follow Up Study to the Red Meat/Cancer Study

On a more personal note, my dad used to eat steak almost every day in his 20s, and he developed colon cancer in his late 40s. His surgeon told him it was directly a result of all the red meat he ate. Now he avoids red meat like the plague.

Various studies also consider bacon to be red meat.

What is the primal community response to this?
    Lovely! Maybe other people will stop eating red meat. Then the price will fall and my GF Beef will be cheaper.

The first article is not a study but a bunch of questionaires over a long period of very changing times. But in general NEVER eat Commercially Raised Beef.

The second article poked holes at the first article.

So What?

An article this week says many feed lots are closing and less beef will be available in the future (until the economy picks up - if ever). That will drive the price of any beef up. So I do hope other people stop eating it.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Sorry if I offended you; it really wasn't intentional.

And I didn't read either article. I'm not going to waste my time reading anything that states, "BLANK causes cancer." I've read enough untruthful crap disguised as 'science' to last me a lifetime.
    No offense at all,

Just so rare you get to see a troll that shoots themselves down so deftly in the opening post.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I think that the OP is more confused than trolling.

They only have 7 posts, so I'm guessing that they are new to this whole 'the food that corporations are selling us isn't designed to be healthy" epiphany that is old hat for us jaded forum denizens.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

They only have 7 posts, so I'm guessing that they are new to this whole 'the food that corporations are selling us isn't designed to be healthy" epiphany that is old hat for us jaded forum denizens.
    You may actually be right,
    I checked other posts and sounds more like a confused newbie.

To Vibe,
    Take this as an education on trolling encounters and please have a good read of the links before you post them.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

Yeah, just clicked on profile and I think you're right. Sorry OP! Hopefully you can get some nicer responses now

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Me response is that the idea that red meat causes cancer is not even logical. It is a ridiculous assertion.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast