Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can't get my calories down page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you want more carbs, go for things like potatoes, rice, kumara, carrots etc.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktgrok View Post
    So...more veggies, small amount of fruit, more water, and see what happens.
    Sounds like a great strategy. Try pouring yourself a drink just before you sit down to nurse. Good luck.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktgrok View Post
    ok..so more water...yeah..that sounds like a good idea. My daughter is constantly stealing my drink, lol.

cosleeping..does passing out in my chair nursing count? Sometimes I bring him to bed, but i end up hanging off the end of the bed, and my back feels better after sleeping in the chair than it does nursing on my side, believe it or not. My neck...that's another story. My chiropracter says I have mommy neck. Not helping is that the 3 year old started sleep walking when her brother was born...so more nights than not she is wandering, talking to herself in her sleep, and needs to be guided back to a safe sleeping spot. I'd sell a kidney for a nap right now.

So yeah, I'm willing to bet sometimes I'm turning to food in a desperate attempt to use that energy to replace sleep.
    I had issues with my neck while breastfeeding and co-sleeping, now its OK, so I think go to your chiro as often as you are able to get through it, it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    This is a time for your children to grow, not a time for you to try and lose fat. Eat to appetite, eat carbs, eat nutritionally dense foods. You want your breast milk to be as nutritionally dense as possible. Also remember breast milk is over half sugar so dont completely avoid it in your diet.
    I do agree with the bolded part, not about the sugar, but others already beat me to the zach thing
    I did lose weight while breastfeeding, but on SAD, but I also did not feel great, which is more important to me.
    Do you have a lot to lose?

I think its better just to focus on getting good quality food into you as much as you needs, higher fats to keep you satiated.
    And try to walk when you can without making yourself more tired.
    I think its the best you can do for now, the weight will come off eventually

thewildirishgirl is offline Junior Member
    ktgrok, I also had serious, serious trouble losing while breastfeeding. I think a part of it for me was that because of all the "dieting" I had done over the years, my hunger cues were so messed up and I thought it was just a free-for-all most of the time! For me, doing calorie counting on myfitnesspal really helped. If you do a search for breastfeeding, it will add extra calories for you. I don't think it's a good idea to restrict calories when you're nursing such a little one and your supply is on the line, but I also know what a drag it is to hold on to that baby weight.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    FYI: Zach is one of the pro-carb Perfect health potato-hack warriors who recently infiltrated the MDA forums.
    All his postings should be viewed in that light.
    I guarantee he will reply by calling me "the most dilusional poster on the board." Take it however you wish.

That said, I agree that the OP needs more veggies. 54 carbs a day is barely enough for one person, much less three.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    90 grams of carbs is still not all that high. I don't have kids so I don't know this, but ISTM that breast feeding requires energy just as if you were exercising. Mark's carb curve allows up to 150g, doesn't it? You could probably eat more carbs and be fine as long as you avoid the bad oils and the wheat and corn. If you want to find your limit, you could carb up until you gain a little weight, and then stay below that level.

You know, lately I've been binging on sugar -- quite badly, in fact. Yet I don't seem to be gaining any weight. Or, it seems that the exact moment I gain a pound, I just get tired of the sugar and go back to eating primally again and lose the pound. The up and down cycle takes about a week. I can't figure out what's going on.
    You are indeed delusional, among other things. Stick with the sugar, it will help.

As for the other carbophobes, sugar is what kids run off of. There is a reason breastmilk has so much of it. Just because your metabolically deranged, dont take it out on your kids by restricting perfectly healthy foods.

What and people who are low carb primal don't produce milk?
    Yeah whatever.

I remember how hungry I was when I was nursing my daughter. Every 2 hours for 2 years, I was exhausted and hungry all the time. I would get up and eat spoonfuls of peanut butter, ravenous in the middle of the night. That was 10 years ago and way before LC and Primal for me. I think it's OK to eat a lot now for you, just keep it clean.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    EAT girl EAT - this is not a time to calorie restrict............
    ..........actually I will qualify - eat good quality foods. Carbs, fats and proteins !
    Just enjoy this time with your beautiful children. They are little for such a short time !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    ..........actually I will qualify - eat good quality foods. Carbs, fats and proteins !
    Just enjoy this time with your beautiful children. They are little for such a short time !!!!!!!!
    Yes this

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    So. Much. Thiiiiiiis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast