Thread: Start of day 4 page

FaithMA is offline Junior Member

Start of day 4

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

Just starting day 4 and have to say I feel OK. I don't really seem to have the carb flu people talk about, but I am feeling tired. Still tweeking with what I eat.

Typical day for me:

Morning - banana or apple, maybe some raw cashews, tea with skim milk and splenda(I know, I know)
    Lunch - scrambled eggs with linguica or fresh meatballs
    Dinner - Steak,Chicken,or Pork, with a bunch of veggies or a big salad - I had a small sweet potatoe on day 2.

I may also have a small piece of 75% dark choc and I do have a glass or two of milk with Dinner, small glass though. I also have some extra charp cheddar cheese slices.

No weight loss yet though I am not surprised, it is only day 4. Some people posted they lost 5+ lbs in week one and I am def. not on track for that.

Am I just eating too much dairy? I am finding that hard to give up.

I have no idea about counting carbs and all that other jargon.

I have also worked out twice. Trying to not do so much as it seems that can lead to binging. 30 mins cardio is what I did. Adding walks once we spring ahead.

I really want to succeed at this and any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you want more info you should probably join a site like myfitnesspal, fitday, fatsecret, or some other site where you can enter the food you eat. The system there will determine for you how many calories and the nutritional breakdown.

You will have to measure or weigh everything accurately for a few days to see how you are doing.

FaithMA is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, I just signed up for myfitnesspal.com and started tracking. THanks again for the tip

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithMA View Post
    Hi All,

Just starting day 4 and have to say I feel OK. I don't really seem to have the carb flu people talk about, but I am feeling tired. Still tweeking with what I eat.

Typical day for me:

Morning - banana or apple, maybe some raw cashews, tea with skim milk and splenda(I know, I know)
    Lunch - scrambled eggs with linguica or fresh meatballs
    Dinner - Steak,Chicken,or Pork, with a bunch of veggies or a big salad - I had a small sweet potatoe on day 2.

I may also have a small piece of 75% dark choc and I do have a glass or two of milk with Dinner, small glass though. I also have some extra charp cheddar cheese slices.

No weight loss yet though I am not surprised, it is only day 4. Some people posted they lost 5+ lbs in week one and I am def. not on track for that.

Am I just eating too much dairy? I am finding that hard to give up.

I have no idea about counting carbs and all that other jargon.

I have also worked out twice. Trying to not do so much as it seems that can lead to binging. 30 mins cardio is what I did. Adding walks once we spring ahead.

I really want to succeed at this and any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    Paleotrack.com is very easy to use. It reports your macronutrients. The goal is 65-70% fats, 25% protein, 15% carbs. Have you read "The Primal Blueprint"? That will help. You're lucky you don't have 'carb flu'. There are a few that don't.

You'll probably loose weight without exercise. Check into Mark's exercise programs on the front page.
    Welcome to our community. Best of Luck.