Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Junk Food Better Than Nothing? page 3

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynastinae View Post
    Mainly, I was questioning whether I should break my fast at the end of 16 hours irregardless of what food I had on hand or hold out until something better comes along. I don't make a habit of this but I've heard CW my entire athletic life so, can you understand my hesitance? Thanks for all the contributions.
    Studies of up to a few days of fasting show no muscle loss. They also show no decrease in athletic performance (with the exception of endurance).

So unless you are a VERY active individual or an endurance athlete, it isn't going to matter.

Aside from that, it's been my experience that roughly 2 meals per day is generally the most comfortable and easy to follow. You don't have to be strict on meal timings either. Just eat lunch and dinner. And if you miss a meal, it isn't going to matter.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    can you at least carry coconut oil with you? Buy you an hour to get proper food.

If its a choice between nothing/starving and eating crap...stop IFing

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Macadamia nuts.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    If you're hungry, EAT. And no, Doritos aren't acceptable. Even 7-11 sells nuts and jerky and cheese sticks. Better yet, choose a market that sells fruit and veggies. On the other hand, if you think you can hold out a little longer, don't eat.

Just like its not advised to eat by the clock 'because it's lunch time', you don't have to drop everything and stuff your face because the clock just struck 6 and your eating window opened.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Dynastinae is offline Member
    Thanks guys. Liked the coconut oil idea. My problem has been isolated experiences where basically I'm stranded. @Ripped-that's what I was concerned about, the muscle loss. I know I won't die but I don't want fasting to become counterproductive in this rare circumstances where options are limited.

Once again, helpful comments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123