Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got diet milk? page 6

Megatron is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Interesting debate, however, do you all realize we have the power to actually do something about this?

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...dairy-products

Submit your comments here:

Regulations.gov

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Because kids love for sweet tasting foods is not something they have learned from somebody, they love it above other tastes by default...
    As a teacher and childcare worker I have never had a child ask for sugar in their milk. The number of kids who just love plain milk is actually higher than those who prefer flavoured milk, and there has not been a single child ever who preferred plain sweetened milk.

The number of children who also preferred savoury foods over sweet is astounding.

As for me, I grew up in a country where sweets were VERY occasional and I ate whole, natural foods for the majority of time. I have never wanted sweetened milk, and if given the choice of sweets and candy or salted nurts, crackers etc at a party I would go for the nuts/crackers/etc.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    So, try to put some aspartame or sugar in the milk of small kids for one day and the next day you can add some MCT oil or whatever and see what the kids prefer. You and other fatlovers on this thread are wrong in your ideological bias towards fat...
    Dude this isn't carbs vs fats. Your talking about artificially sweetening a perfectly healthy food source to elicit a response of overeating.

Zach is offline Banned
    Seriously, you are poisoning your children. This is crazy talk.

As for children liking sweet. Of course they do, we have sweet receptors for a reason! Breast milk is like 60% sugar and it teaches children to latch on.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Dude this isn't carbs vs fats. Your talking about artificially sweetening a perfectly healthy food source to elicit a response of overeating.
    Right now we discussed whether Kids love for sweet foods is something imposed by the parents/society, or not - but yes, if a non-calorie sweetener can make kids drink more milk and eat less other sugary food, I absolutely think it is a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Seriously, you are poisoning your children. This is crazy talk.
    If you think that aspartarme is poison you better check your sources...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Expecting there to be proof or sources to show the dangers of aspartame is asking for a lot, especially because there won't be studies long term enough. However, willingly ingesting MSG and and an excitotoxic that stimulates and destroys nerve cells as well as damaging your intestinal flora is not something I want to do.

Go ahead and role the dice though, but don't act like it's healthy or even comparable to sugar... that's just being a fool.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Go ahead and role the dice though, but don't act like it's healthy or even comparable to sugar... that's just being a fool.
    Aspartame is a synthesis between two amino-acids - which are building blocks of organic life, and there are made thousands of scientific studies on it, and also huge meta-studies, with no indications that it should be unhealthy whatsoever. Sugar on the other hand will give most people problems if doing a few hundred grams per day, so aspartame is far better, no doubt about it...

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Children are predisposed to learn to prefer energy-dense foods over energy-dilute foods by learning to associate the flavors of these foods with the positive physiologic consequences that result from eating energy-dense foods, especially when they are hungry
    I guess that explains why kids don't like vegetables. Kids are smart.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Aspartame is a synthesis between two amino-acids - which are building blocks of organic life, and there are made thousands of scientific studies on it, and also huge meta-studies, with no indications that it should be unhealthy whatsoever. Sugar on the other hand will give most people problems if doing a few hundred grams per day, so aspartame is far better, no doubt about it...
    Even if free amino acids could be produced without introducing toxins and allergens, they wouldn't be appropriate for use.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast