Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - what do I need to adjust? page

Pam916 is offline Member

Help - what do I need to adjust?

Primal Fuel
    My main objective is to be healthy; however, for the next several months I need to lose weight. I want to lose 20 pounds. I initially lost 2 pounds and have been following Primal 95% since I started. It has been officially two weeks. This morning I got on the scale and had gained .6. I know .6 is not a lot but I have been fighting for every ounce for nearly 3 months and it is frustrating.

A typical day of food for me is
    Breakfast - 2 eggs with a little bit of cheese and 3 turkey sausage lnks
    Lunch - IF
    Snack before the gym - a piece of fruit and a handful of almonds or a piecce of fruit and a string cheese
    Dinner - meat (varies) and veggies or a BAS with protein. I have also had a baked potato once in the past two weeks.

I go to the gym 5-6 days per week and lift heavy things and do intervals. Is there something I need to change? Should I eat more - although today I did not have breakfast because I am just not hungry. I will eat lunch instead - which is chicken and brocolli.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Have you been tracking your calorie intake to see how much you are eating?

Pam916 is offline Member
    Yesterday my calories totaled 1161.

Initially I felt great, then had a touch of carb flu which I feel like have gotten past, but now have some stomach issues and constipation. TMI - sorry. Protein tends to do that to me.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you feel like you are eating too much protein, then probably you should cut back.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam916 View Post
    Yesterday my calories totaled 1161.
    Primal isn't a starvation diet. I guess it can be, but why would your body freely shed its excess energy stores when it thinks it's experiencing famine?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Yikes, 1100 Calories with your workout schedule doesn't seem like enough. Try eating fattier meat. Skip the turkey sausages and go for real beef or pork sausage. Add some bacon. Etc.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Pam916 is offline Member
    Thank you. While I don't necessarily believe that, I am certainly not against playing with things to see what works best for me. I don't eat a huge amount as I am not really a meat lover. However, my question is with respect to weight loss.
    Just not sure what I need to change as my calorie intake is not too much and I don't believe it is too little for trying to lose weight either.

Pam916 is offline Member
    I am not hungry though? I will change out the turkey sausage for regular sausage and try fattier meats. I had steak for the first time in years and I just do not like it. My fiance' was so excited that I agreed to have it for dinner only to be disappointed when I could only eat a 1/4 of it. Suggestions for other types of meat?
    Oh we did have chicken on the grill - bone in, skin on and it was heaven on earth!!!!

PrimalLMT is offline Junior Member
    What are your stats!? Weight height age?? I am thinking that you are way too low on calories!!! Unless you are 4'2"?? The common misconception is that u need to eat less calories and blah blah blah, that just isn't the case!! Check Eat Smarter. Exercise Smarter. Live Better. Watch the video, I think u will change your mind about the amount of calories your eating very quickly!!!!!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last 20 lbs is a bitch.
    I think we need a club...LOL.

Try eliminating dairy? But replace it with something.

If you are not losing on that low of calories PLUS exercise, maybe it is time to take a break and not think about it for a few months. I'm hungry reading about your meals.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast