Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times should I eat liver a week? page 2

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Gadsie for the win! Your not going to OD on vitamin A from liver. It's actually never happened to my knowledge(unless your eating polar bear liver ). The ONLY thing to be concerned with is the copper content of beef liver. You can actually get too much of that so you may want to cap beef liver at 1lb a week. However, this just means you get to eat other animal livers like lamb or chicken once you hit that threshold.
    Yum, polar bear liver. Where can I get some?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yum, polar bear liver. Where can I get some?
    You might try a polar bear
    <giggle>
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Onions and red wine (or sweet vermouth) really do a lot to improve the taste of liver. Also, if you do an MDA search of pate, somewhere is Paleobird's pate recipe. Also, search google for Boudin recipes - pretty much it's ground pork, chicken or pork liver, and white rice made into a sausage or as balls. Totally awesome stuff.

Organic chicken livers are a pretty mild way to start, though I've been told that pork liver is even milder. I've been fortunate enough to have once tried home grown rabbit livers - they are like instant pate; a smidge of salt was all they needed.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I don't think you can really overdose on vitamins if it's from food. I take almost 30,000 IU vitamin daily from liver and fermented cod liver oil and butter oil. This is 1000% of the "recommended" dosis. No problems yet
    On Vitamin A, yes you can. Polar bear liver, for example, can be fatal to humans due to the extremely high Vit A content. Now I recognize that we're not talking polar bear, but the point is the same. You can indeed OD on Vit A from food sources.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Meanwhile on the forum for polar bears...
    Yum, human liver. Where can I get some?
    You might try a human
    One of the most delicious things I ever tasted: very lightly fried wild venison liver. Very tender and tastes superb, like a less grainy, more expensive chicken liver. Unfortunately I hardly ever see the stuff - I hope it's being snatched up by discerning chefs, not thrown away.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Try making a liver pate, it's really delicious. That's your perfect multi-vitamin. How often, what would a good week for you look like of 7 main protien dishes. 3 Fish 4 Meat. For the meat 1 liver, 1 heart or tongue, 1 lamb, 1 beef muscle or chevon if you can find it. The Grass-fed beef organs are cheaper that the muscles. Good wild fish is not too much. Lamb and Chevon are hard to find here but are almost always Grass-Fed.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Meanwhile on the forum for polar bears...
    OMgawd, now THAT was funny!!! I laughed so hard that tears are running down my legs
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Onions and red wine (or sweet vermouth) really do a lot to improve the taste of liver. Also, if you do an MDA search of pate, somewhere is Paleobird's pate recipe.
    Here ya go : https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65193.html

Jer37208 is offline Member
    I try to eat salmon and liver once a week
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post

One of the most delicious things I ever tasted: very lightly fried wild venison liver. Very tender and tastes superb, like a less grainy, more expensive chicken liver. Unfortunately I hardly ever see the stuff - I hope it's being snatched up by discerning chefs, not thrown away.
    Have you had rabbit livers?
    Seriously... GET SOME!
    Best livers ever. Very tender, not grainy at all... delicate and sweet. Like I died and went to liver heaven!
    Domestic rabbit livers will do... wild cotton tail livers deliver even better though.
    Also, they are large for such a small animal.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast