Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish oil supplement page

MprDoc is offline Senior Member

Fish oil supplement

Primal Fuel
    How much of a fish oil supplement should someone take? Is there a recomended grams/mg? I am not eating a lot - hardly any really - fish in my diet right now and I am not sure that the recomended two pills per day is adequate.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you eat any fish? What's your linoleic acid intake like?

I am in the military and trapped eating at the chow hall at least six days a week and fish generally isn't an option. I go to sushi occasionally but that about sums it up. What does linoleic acid come from?

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    I take 300mg/day krill oil. I do not like the fish oil. Nasty after taste and burping.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I should have said "Omega 6." You eating lots of seed oils and CAFO meats? That's where it comes from. I don't have a solution for you, just wanted to point out that it's better to adjust your ratios by lowering omega 6 rather than increasing omega 3, but it doesn't sound like that's a very feasible option for you.

Linoleic acid is found in tree nuts(walnuts,pecans,almonds) and sunflower seeds and avocados, are some of your best and best tasting sources. I will pass on the flaxseed. Some folks swear by flaxseed it but if I can get what I need from a handful or two of almonds why eat something that I don't enjoy, right?

Living in barracks on island definitely does not lend itself to optimum eating. I cringe each time I Skype with #4 son and he is filling up on a can of ravioli. I keep telling myself, "He is young he will bounce back." adding omega 3 is more effective than trying to reduce the omega 6 onslaught they experience.

I always take Nordic Naturals fish oils and have never had the bad aftertaste associated with a lot of fish oil supplements, these have an awesome lemon after taste if any but usually I dont even get that. A dose is 140 mg and I usually take it at night with my evening meal. That was my other question is if whether or not there is a best time of day to take them, sounds like maybe I should take more??

BellaPorter is offline Junior Member
    I take two 1000 mg fish oil twice a day for a total of 4000mg.

nenaconeja is offline Junior Member
    Have you tried Mannatech Omega 3/D? No aftertaste, very high quality compared to others I've tried:
    Omega-3 with Vitamin D3 | Mannatech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast