Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not losing weight on Primal plan page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep, I think under eating and over exercising is screwing you over. I'm 100 pounds and I eat as much, if not more than you.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Beets is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    But most important - you don't get healthy by losing weight, you lose weight by getting healthy. Relax, take it easy by moving slowly often and eat for health. You'll lose the weight once you work out what it takes to get you healthy
    Thanks for this. I'm also trying to drop some weight and this is really helpful.

I will add to the chorus and say you aren't eating enough and enough fat. Sounds to me like you would like to move into the Primal WOE but you are afraid to drop the old low cal, no dressing, plain chicken breast, exercise like mad CW weight loss plan. They are hard habits to break. We have had this stuff drilled into us from every angle for many years.

But take the plunge. I was eating this way (though I wasn't aware of the name or the fine points) a couple years ago, weight melted off and I got down to a body I hadn't seen in years. I didn't have a super intense workout regime either--some walking, some yoga, some non-stressful weight-baring exercise.

I just started again after having my second child and, after dropping sugar and grains, I started feeling so easily sated I haven't been eating enough. No scale movement. Yesterday I made an effort to pile on the fat and lo and behold, I lost two pounds overnight.

I will only disagree about nuts. After my son was born I ate raw almonds almost every day (I would weigh them though to make sure I was within reason) and I lost weight fine. If you need to eat more fat I don't see how nuts could hurt this. Plus, to my mind, they seem just as primal as a side of raw meat.

Eat the fat! Use some fat on your salad!
    Last edited by Beets; 02-28-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to have to go with the majority here. You need to eat a little more and exercise a little less. Counting calories is probably a good idea. It helps teach you what an appropriate amount of food is. Once you get closer to your goal weight, counting probably isn't necessary. Try to keep in mind that this is all about feeling better - with the added benefit of looking better. You have been removing a bunch of toxins from your diet, that alone is a huge step in the right direction. It took about a month for my body to get rid of the problems wheat products was doing to me.

Do not exercise to lose weight! Exercise to get strong and to feel good. Make sure that you enjoy it. It is not a tool that you use to lose the pounds and stop using when you have reached your goal. This is a pet peeve of mine. Too many people think that if they do 3500 calories of exercise a week, that they automatically lose 1 pound. You are the perfect example of how that just doesn't work. Here you are, eating BMR or less than BMR, exercising your butt off and you get nothing. Weight loss is more hormonal than mathematical. Not that calories have nothing to do with it, but it just isn't that simple. Or if we actually knew what the equation was it would be a math issue.

It's pretty much a guarantee that you are somewhat insulin resistant, leptin resistant and have a slow metabolism. The Primal diet is probably the best place you could have landed for fixing all of those problems but you will have to be patient.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    More fat.... If you add a bit of fat to your meals, you will likely not have the need to snack.
    Think about changing the exercise if you don't really enjoy the Insanity program. You could do that for your "sprint" day, then do other exercise on other days.

Also, how are your clothes fitting? 10 days of Insanity is pretty intense and you could be seeing body comp changes. Throw in the cyclical nature of the female body.... and I can easily say where 10 days would not yield any weight loss.

Give it 30 days. If in 30 days your clothes are not looser, then you may need some tweaks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Satisfy is offline Junior Member
    If you have fish oil have it after your workout that's the best time!
    -safe is the new risky

Katchup57 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone! Sounds like I need to up my fat intake and be patient. I actually enjoy doing the Insanity workouts, so I won't cut those back yet unless upping my fat intake and some time doesn't solve things. Thanks again!

Melissa in Virginia is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

I'm wondering if you've had any success? I am three weeks in and NOT loosing. Getting very frustrated and looking for some hope!

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa in Virginia View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering if you've had any success? I am three weeks in and NOT loosing. Getting very frustrated and looking for some hope!
    I was frustrated in the beginning thinking I should be losing faster than I was (which felt like nothing in the first few months). I posted a few days ago about 'only losing 10 lbs" in 5 months. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread80306.html
    I was actually changing the shape of my body and getting smaller, without the scale moving much.

Eat real foods - meat, veggies, fat. Eat when hungry. Some days you will eat more then others. After a while you will notice you are eating less without trying. Give it time. It works.
    Last edited by Stacy15; 03-18-2013 at 02:21 PM.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    My recommendation is to just walk and keep your diet in check until you lose about 100 pounds. On a program like Insanity or any high velocity workout, there is an extreme amount of stress on your joints, bones and tendons when you are moving that much extra weight. Not only are you risking an injury, but are likely causing inflammation and raised cortisol levels due to the increased stress. I constantly have to remind myself, less is more. You might find that it proves true in your situation. As always, you just have to see what works for you.

Michael M is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afsjesse View Post
    First of all, ditch the nuts. Many people can't eat them while they're trying to lose weight. Eat an apple or have a piece of meat. Second, up the fat!!! From the two days of eating that you posted, the fattiest thing you've eaten is 2, count them, 2! pieces of bacon. You need more. Eat more beef and bacon. Throw in some extra coconut milk into that curry sauce! Be generous with the EVOO that you're using for that salad. Have an extra slice of ham! I think that'll solve your problem! Good luck!
    Eat regular bacon instead of turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is processed with many carbs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast