Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh my gosh! I am so thirsty. Is this normal? page 2

TrackMom is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Is there a salt that is best? Is regular table salt okay, or is sea salt or himalayan pink salt better to use?
    I prefer sea salt with no iodine. It is relatively unprocessed and so it still has all it's trace minerals. Because of this is is course and grey in colour. I have read that the trace minerals help to balance the sodium when ingested by the body, which could be important if you suffer from high blood pressure.
    Goals:

Lose weight/fat!
    Get fit!
    Regain my health and energy!
    Run a marathon! (again)

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Is there a salt that is best? Is regular table salt okay, or is sea salt or himalayan pink salt better to use?
    When I just want salt, I use a large crystal sea salt and nibble on it, one grain at a time.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I used to have to throw containers of salt away because they'd harden before I used them up. Once I stopped eating processed foods (the biggest salt offender was Progresso soups), I got back in the habit of salting at least veggies, broth, etc. Bone broth + nori/seaweed + salt = healthy yummy delicious goodness.

OP, glad you're feeling better.
    I never realized the relation between thirst and salt. Once I quite processed, I still don't really salt anything. Some days, like yesterday, I just can't drink enough.

There for awhile, I would start my day with salted lemon water (prolonged fasting days). Might not hurt to make that a daily habit, huh?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I find that extra fluid is required for fat metabolism. Were you to go lower fat, you may need less water. Though I'd advise to just carry on doing whatever works, rather than messing around. Some people need more water, some less. It isn't a problem as long as you aren't overhydrated.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Zach is offline Banned
    There are different opinions on salt. I have read that celtic salt (gray) is prone to molding and has many contaminants. Pink salts color comes from oxidized iron which is not a good thing to ingest but at the amount in the salt it might not matter. Sea salt does contain trace minerals, some good some bad.

Personally i use a highly refined salt that has zero impurities with nothing added. Usually this will be a kosher salt or a canning & pickling salt. Table salt has added iodine among other things. I prefer to get my iodine and trace minerals naturally from food.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yeah, I went from NEVER salting my food to salting everything but bacon.
    Me too - I salt everything but bacon. I use the pink Himalayan or Celtic grey now and find that I use more of it.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I use an iodine added salt, like Mortons. If you use a non-iodinized salt, be sure to add iodine to your supplements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12