Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less fat to lose = harder to get rid of? page

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member

Less fat to lose = harder to get rid of?

Primal Fuel
    Not sure where to post this q, so it just put it here...

I don't have a lot of fat to lose; I'm 5'2", 120lbs, approx. 19%BF, 34-26-37 (I only put that there for reference about where I am, shape wise)

Since going primal about 5 weeks ago, I lost an inch on my hips and waist (was 27/38). I didn't start too Primal, no grains, but still plenty of cheese, fruit, etc., but I've been slowly getting more and more. I've cut out pretty much all nuts recently, and have really cut back on fruit - I only eat a few berries when I eat a couple of spoonfuls of coconut oil.

My workout routine is likewise pretty primal. Per week, I do between 4-6 hours of low/medium cardio, I do HIIT or Tabata intervals 3 times a week, and I weight train about 3-4 hours a week.

My question is, I see so many people on the board saying they have had amazing transformations and lost all this weight in a few weeks. Does your body slow this change down the closer you get towards your goal? I'm more concerned with physical size than weight, and I think an inch off in a few weeks is pretty good, but sometimes when I see how much other people have lost, I get creepy CW thoughts (eat less fat! Do heavier cardio! A workout doesn't count if you can talk through it!).

I feel fantastic, and have noticed huge improvements everywhere else in my life because of PB.

Has anyone else noticed fat loss is not as fast the closer yet get to your goal? I only want to lose another inch or so on waist/hips, and get down to about 15-16%BF.

Thanks guys!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I think it's because a few extra pounds would be great insurance during lean times in the wild, as opposed to the liability of 20 or more pounds, so the body hangs onto it a lot harder.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I think it also depends a bit on how much you have dieted before. If you have a record of yo yoing I think those last few pounds will take time. If your eating history is pretty stable I think you will lose the inches fairly easily. Sounds like you should continue with what you are doing. It seems to be working.

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    jo- I've never really yo-yo dieted, but I pretty much always followed CW. I've never weighed more than 128, so I would say for my adult life my weight has stayed within 15 pounds.

It does seem to be working, but sometimes I see that people have lost several inches in the same time as I have lost one, and I get a little discouraged. I only want to lose 1, maybe 2 more inches, but I guess I need to be a little more patient.

A heavily overweight person who loses weight (fat) does not equal same ratio of fat loss as normal weight person, correct?

For example, would a person who wants to lose 50 lbs of fat lose at a faster rate than someone who wants to lose 5, if all other factors are the same?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I think what you say is true, so as you say, a little more patience. There will be people here who are envious of your inch loss but don't say so.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I think what you say is true, so as you say, a little more patience. There will be people here who are envious of your inch loss but don't say so.
    I'll say it! Sarahrob, your current stats are just about what I want my final stats to be. Alas, I am currently at 34/28/40 and the measuring tape hasn't been my friend for the last few weeks. Your BF is also about where I want mine to end up.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrob2248 View Post
    ...Has anyone else noticed fat loss is not as fast the closer yet get to your goal? I only want to lose another inch or so on waist/hips, and get down to about 15-16%BF.

Thanks guys!
    I think it's because you are already at a BF% that your body feels comfortable at. To get lower than that, it will definitely take more work.
    For myself...I would love to be sitting at 19%.

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    I lost a lot initially and then got stuck at ~ 15% (male). To get out of that I had to keep training more regular and cut down on fruit. It's still taking much longer than it did in the beginning.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Heavier bodies lose weight more quickly than lighter ones do. Your body may already be "at goal" for its own internal homeostasis.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Right now, I am having a harder time losing the last few pounds that I want to than I did in the beginning. According to my measurements I'm somewhere between seven and eight percent body fat and I weigh less now than I ever though was possible for me to get down to. I need to lose maybe a pound or two to have my abs fully out and proud. I am making progress, but I'm also being very strict right now and working for it much harder than I did before. Hang in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast