Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ow my neck page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

ow my neck

Primal Fuel
    I slept weird or something and now cant move my head or turn very well. Moving in general kinda sucks. I thought that it would just go away as the day progressed but it's been like 4 hours now and it's just as bad. It didn't bother me when I went to sleep.

Yesterday was back day, if that has anything to do with it.

any tricks? I tried like rubbing/squeezing it while turning my head and shit, but that's not helping. I'm thinking, couch reclining inclined Torso Wire s4 Reps.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Try an Ice pack.

If its not better by tomorrow my advice would be to see a chiropractor if you can find a good one... Locked up neck is never fun.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Mr Perfidy sir - you poor wee thing......... I actually find a warm scalf (or wide headband things) helps a crick in the neck...................

good luck
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Yesterday was back day, if that has anything to do with it.
    Yeah. I think it has something to do with it! Unless it's an acute injury like a sprain, you might want to apply moist heat. If it's a muscle soreness or pull, heat is the way to go. If you can put a barely damp cloth on the area and cover it with a hot water bottle or heating pad, it will feel great. Ibuprofen, too.
    insert mandatory Public Service Announcement about the dangers of combining water and electricty here

But if there's swelling, ice it.

I don't know what couch reclining inclined Torso Wire s4 Reps are so no comment there.

haha leaning backward on the couch and watching multiple episodes of The Wire, Season 4.

Thanks though- I will get my wife's heating pad that she uses for cramps and just lean on that.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

haha leaning backward on the couch and watching multiple episodes of The Wire, Season 4.

Thanks though- I will get my wife's heating pad that she uses for cramps and just lean on that.
    Have you got a cotton head band or neck wrap ???? honestly they just keep that warmth there after the heat pack. Works a treat for me.

...small steps....

I dont know what a cotton head band is if you mean something other than like a wrap that a woman wears around her forehead to keep warm. I tend to not own things that have names for one purpose. I have cotton things that can be used as wraps though.

The heating pad is cool though its very cozy. Sometimes we just set it up on a cushion and the cats sleep on it.

A cotton kerchief would possibly do the same thing. Just adds a wee bit of warmth, stops drafts on the back of the neck etc...
    But put that on after you have done the heating pad thing. Anyhoo it works for me........

stay cozy

...small steps....

so like a sympathy bandage?

If I call it "gwamma's sympathy bandage," I think that hearing those words attributed to it as an object will route through my emotional association centers and magically endow it with placebo psychosomatic healing properties.

Gwamma you are totally a 20th level Bard

little vase is offline Senior Member
    The heating pad is cool
    It might be broken. Heating pads are not supposed to be cool. They're supposed to be hot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast