Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ow my neck page 2

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    so like a sympathy bandage?

If I call it "gwamma's sympathy bandage," I think that hearing those words attributed to it as an object will route through my emotional association centers and magically endow it with placebo psychosomatic healing properties.

Gwamma you are totally a 20th level Bard
    haha gwamma has some uses !!!!!! not quite sure what a 20th level bard is ???????

I am hoping it means a good bastard !!!!!! or bastess
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

oh okay this is a game of war. A 20th level game is a player who inspires courage - right on !!!!!!!!!

or............not ???????

...small steps....

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    see a chiropractor if you can find a good one... Locked up neck is never fun.
    Or an osteopath!
    All those gels, bandages and comfort pads are exactly what I hate about modern medicine - they will poke there, spray here, use some aromatherapy, sing a shaman's song and make you think that you feel better, and sure - charge for that. While in reality the only healing factor was the time needed to apply all that nonsense. In this aspect I envy my dogs - if they have a problem, the vet wouldn't try to convince them that "its all in your head", he will use RTG, USG, etc to find exactly whats wrong and heal it for good not just make it a little bit better.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I have a history of neck muscle spasms from a fall off the bleachers in high school (landed on my head and shoulder and tweaked my neck pretty hard). For me the best thing is always to take 3 or 4 regular strength ibuprofen, then get in a hot shower and gently stretch and massage my neck until it loosened up, then lie down for a while. Repeat as necessary.

Hope you feel better!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    all better today. I tried a little bit of everything that everyone suggested.

Gwamma, I was referencing dungeons and dragons, a role-playing game that has been popular with some crowds for like 30 years now.

A bard is a character type that casts spells and sings songs and shit meant to increase other players' scores and abilities.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    all better today. I tried a little bit of everything that everyone suggested.

Gwamma, I was referencing dungeons and dragons, a role-playing game that has been popular with some crowds for like 30 years now.

A bard is a character type that casts spells and sings songs and shit meant to increase other players' scores and abilities.
    so there is hope for this old Gwamma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I am thrilled that the neck is better today.

...small steps....

Mr Perfidy sir - this is what Gwamma was talking about. In fact I have woken up with a bloody crik in my neck this morning - so am wearing my wee cotton Kathmandu neck thingy !!!!!!! yay for me !!!!!

Headtube v2 - Signal Red

...small steps....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12