Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCOSer not losing and following the plan. Frustrated. page

BellaPorter is offline Junior Member

PCOSer not losing and following the plan. Frustrated.

Primal Fuel
    I feel better so that is a plus, I mean relatively speaking anyway, I feel better. I still have pain and nausea from PCOS and Fatty Liver but I do feel better.

I am not losing and in fact I gained 2 pounds. Getting plenty of fats...I mean I am a fat girl after all and eating the fat and skin on food is a given for me. Carbs are on an average lower than 50 a day. My caloric intake to maintain weight is 2074. I have reduced calories to 1300-1400 a day and sometimes up to 1600. Exercise is walking a few miles a day because I have chronic pelvic pain and nausea so exercise is hard right now but I try to do as much as I can. Some days, it's hard to get out of bed. I am getting much better sleep and that is great, average 5 hours in a shot and then get a nap later on I can't sleep for more than 5 hours at a time no matter what I do. I eliminated all caffeine so that I could sleep. Doc wants me to lose 80 pounds to get to 130 which is my ideal weight. I am 210 now. I drink lots of water. When carbs are a bit too low like 20 or so I get dizzies and anxiety so I have some organic tomato juice that I drink (no sugar but has a bit of carb from the veg in it) and I will drink 4-8 oz on some days.

Typical day is as such:

Breakfast 3 eggs fried in Kerrygold butter with tabasco

Lunch left overs like a pork chop or chicken breast with veg or sweet potato (one or two a week is all) or cottage cheese with olive tampinade

Dinner Steak 8 oz with steamed veg

Snack half a cup of nuts through the day as needed, sometimes none at all or pork rinds depending on if I need crunchy or or nutty.

And I eat this just about every day. I'm not bored of it at all but I am just irritated that I am not losing. The only thing I can think of is that I am using too much salt and taking in too much and retaining a butt ton of water.

I do know that us PCOSers have a much more difficult time losing and I am prepared for slow losses but I would like to be consistent at least with a pound a week if possible. But as is I am cutting calories enough to do that without exercise so I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am also new to this with this so perhaps it's just going to take a month to get things going? I dunno.

Ideas please cuz I am just frustrated.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been doing this? You may just need some patience. I didn't see anything happen to me for 5 weeks.

Also, those nuts and pork rinds can add up.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

The nuts I don't eat every day nor do I eat the rinds, but I included them as a worse case showing of what I am eating. Most days I barely get the 1300 calories in.

Oh and I just wrapped up week 2 so maybe I just need to give it more time. I just was hopeful that I would see results of at least a pound or two a week.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm a PCOSer as well(used to be). What helped me in this battle is to eat a higher fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. I don't eat nuts at all. Look at the Eat More Fat thread.

Azure is offline Junior Member
    I have PCOS also and my first two weeks I gained almost a pound. After that the weight started coming off though. Good luck!

Thank you gals for the input I think I am just so scared of gaining that I am a worry wort. lol

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think if you're craving nuts or pork rinds during the day, you may need more salt. If you are going to eat those, make sure you plan in advance how much you are going to have, measure out your portion, consume only that, and count those calories as part of your intake.

1/2 cup pecans = 342 calories, 35.63 grams of fat, 4.54 grams of protein
    2 ounces pork rinds = 320 calories, 20 grams of fat, 36 grams of protein

If you're really craving that much extra food, you're not eating enough during your meals.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Two weeks is nto enough time ot see any manner of results, particularly when PCOS wonks your hormones.

GIve it time.

Blueberry is offline Member
    I have PCOS as well and my progress is slow and steady as opposed spectacular but that is fine with me. I think there was not much weight loss in the beginning so just stick at it, especially if you are already feeling better even if not lighter yet. I would also recommend the "eat moar fat thread" it worked well for me and it was useful to calculate the ratios and not just do the calorie restriction.
    Good Luck!

Ania

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    I have PCOS as well. I just started and the weight loss is slow.
    I felt tired, foggy, no appetite, and just kind of crummy the first week of very low-carb too. The second week (which is also when I started getting positives from ketostix testing) I started feeling better, so I think maybe your body and brain need a little while switch to using fat for energy instead of sugar.

I do have a question. Have you talked to your doctor about the nausea and pelvic pain?
    I've known I had PCOS for the past 12 years and I've never had either symptom. I even have cysts at the moment, I had an ultrasound a few months ago and saw them.
    Honestly, those symptoms sound more like endometriosis (or something else). I'm not saying you don't have PCOS, but that maybe something else is going on too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast