Thread: Maintaining Current Weight page

smashtime is offline Junior Member

Maintaining Current Weight

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys,

I have lost 15lbs total, and am now at a comfortable and feel good weight of 196lbs. Only thing is I'm unsure of what the calorie amounts I need to eat to stay here, while doing 5 MMA circuit training workouts a week are. I know the protein, carbs, and fat amounts but not sure on the calories.

Can anyone gimme a hand?

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smashtime View Post
    Hi guys,

I have lost 15lbs total, and am now at a comfortable and feel good weight of 196lbs. Only thing is I'm unsure of what the calorie amounts I need to eat to stay here, while doing 5 MMA circuit training workouts a week are. I know the protein, carbs, and fat amounts but not sure on the calories.

Can anyone gimme a hand?
    Well you could keep on eating the way you are and track your weight every couple of weeks to see if you are maintaining. If not, adjust accordingly.

hey darz, thanks man. i have worked out the calories using the equations in the primal blueprint book, so I should be alright shouldn't I. I guess like you say I can always adjust if need be. Also. should I be having the same amount of fat in g, as protein for my current weight and body fat percentage, or more? and if more how much more lol?

hey darz, thanks man. i have worked out the calories using the equations in the primal blueprint book, so I should be alright shouldn't I. I guess like you say I can always adjust if need be. Also. should I be having the same amount of fat in g, as protein for my current weight and body fat percentage, or more? and if more how much more lol?
    Well, I'd say, and if you don't have any kidney poblems, if one is trying to gain muscle, 1g/lbs is enough, so you could probably eat a bit less if you want; in terms of fat, after you've met your minimum requirements for the day, 0.6g/lbs seems reasonable to me, it then becomes a matter of preference; so, you could add more of any of the macronutrients you want, whatever makes you feel good without jeopardizing your health and well being. This, of course, is my opinion, others might have some other suggestion.
    Last edited by Darz; 02-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.

ah so 0.6 per lb of body weight, or per lb of lean muscle mass? thats a massive help. and nah I have 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass regularly so thats okay.

ah so 0.6 per lb of body weight, or per lb of lean muscle mass? thats a massive help. and nah I have 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass regularly so thats okay.
    That would be per body weight. But, again, these are just general guidelines.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks darz, thats brilliant.