Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Maintaining Current Weight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    19

    Maintaining Current Weight

    Shop Now
    Hi guys,

    I have lost 15lbs total, and am now at a comfortable and feel good weight of 196lbs. Only thing is I'm unsure of what the calorie amounts I need to eat to stay here, while doing 5 MMA circuit training workouts a week are. I know the protein, carbs, and fat amounts but not sure on the calories.

    Can anyone gimme a hand?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Observable Universe
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by smashtime View Post
    Hi guys,

    I have lost 15lbs total, and am now at a comfortable and feel good weight of 196lbs. Only thing is I'm unsure of what the calorie amounts I need to eat to stay here, while doing 5 MMA circuit training workouts a week are. I know the protein, carbs, and fat amounts but not sure on the calories.

    Can anyone gimme a hand?
    Well you could keep on eating the way you are and track your weight every couple of weeks to see if you are maintaining. If not, adjust accordingly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    19
    hey darz, thanks man. i have worked out the calories using the equations in the primal blueprint book, so I should be alright shouldn't I. I guess like you say I can always adjust if need be. Also. should I be having the same amount of fat in g, as protein for my current weight and body fat percentage, or more? and if more how much more lol?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Observable Universe
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by smashtime View Post
    hey darz, thanks man. i have worked out the calories using the equations in the primal blueprint book, so I should be alright shouldn't I. I guess like you say I can always adjust if need be. Also. should I be having the same amount of fat in g, as protein for my current weight and body fat percentage, or more? and if more how much more lol?
    Well, I'd say, and if you don't have any kidney poblems, if one is trying to gain muscle, 1g/lbs is enough, so you could probably eat a bit less if you want; in terms of fat, after you've met your minimum requirements for the day, 0.6g/lbs seems reasonable to me, it then becomes a matter of preference; so, you could add more of any of the macronutrients you want, whatever makes you feel good without jeopardizing your health and well being. This, of course, is my opinion, others might have some other suggestion.
    Last edited by Darz; 02-27-2013 at 10:29 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    19
    ah so 0.6 per lb of body weight, or per lb of lean muscle mass? thats a massive help. and nah I have 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass regularly so thats okay.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Observable Universe
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by smashtime View Post
    ah so 0.6 per lb of body weight, or per lb of lean muscle mass? thats a massive help. and nah I have 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass regularly so thats okay.
    That would be per body weight. But, again, these are just general guidelines.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    19
    Shop Now
    thanks darz, thats brilliant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •