Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: not losing weight page 5

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnutbrown View Post
    I guess I'm still in the mindset of having a treat to feel better - need to work on that one!
    If the MEALS you eat are fantastic, you'll feel less need for dessert and treats. This is not a diet, this is not diet food. To me, primal food is rich, decadent, hearty and satisfying. Eating steak for lunch IS a treat!

In terms of tempting the kids - I've made primal cupcakes with just a small amount of honey because my daughter especially is pretty sugar addicted, she wouldn't eat them - I had the idea of making them with sugar and then gradually reducing it. My son eats a good variety of foods but my daughter is very fussy. I'd read that coconut flour was a good source of protein so was thinking that primal cakes might be better than conventional cakes. Desperation talking! I am working on getting her to eat more proper food too and we're getting there. I guess i was looking for some short cuts! Silly really.
    Stop trying to trick them into thinking they're eating sugar and liking it. That is even more ridiculous than hiding veggies in cupcakes. Cake is cake is cake is cake. Cake is a treat. Its junk food. You know what else is a good source of protein? Meat! Clearly your daughter is following your patterns, and now is the time to replace those bad habits and lead by example. SERVE good food and let her choose which good foods she will eat at that meal. If she doesn't eat, she'll be good and hungry at the next meal.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

ANewLeaf is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    . Try to train your palate to enjoy the darkest chocolate possible (I'm currently enjoying Lindt 85%). There's basically no way you can sit down an eat an entire block of that in one sitting, since your saliva glands go on strike after a couple of pieces. But it's SO yummy.
    As a dark chocolate eater for years, I can honestly say this must be individual because I have had no problem eating an entire bar of 85% chocolate in one sitting in the past. I am now to getting used to 100%. It is much better for me because I only eat 1 square at a time.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    As a dark chocolate eater for years, I can honestly say this must be individual because I have had no problem eating an entire bar of 85% chocolate in one sitting in the past. I am now to getting used to 100%. It is much better for me because I only eat 1 square at a time.
    x2, I eat bakers chocolate unsweetened and can mindlessly nibble cube after cube.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    x2, I eat bakers chocolate unsweetened and can mindlessly nibble cube after cube.
    I took your advice and nibbled on a square of baker's chocolate in my pantry. My taste buds are crying, and they are not happy tears.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Damiana-
    I think it's an acquired taste. Anything sweet (sugar in any form--including artificial) is a 'trigger' for me, so I've learned to love unsweetened chocolate. Perhaps everyone can't 'acquire' the taste for it, but I'm glad I did because I can get my chocolate without the sugar.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345