Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm at my goal weight..what now? page 3

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks everyone I have lots of ideas now to make the best of the leaner fitter me.

My wife to be is primal too and has also lost over 15 lbs. We both try and pass on the way of life to people who ask. Some engage with it some don't. We probably have about 5 or six converts who have at least cut down on bread and eat healthier. Gayles sister and brother in law are now primal as of a few weeks ago. Initially they were very critical of this primal diet...the evidence by our weight loss changed their mind enough for them to make the change. Its all good
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Hi

I am in a similar position having gone 4lbs under my goal weight ( total loss 42lbs) last november and i have mantained since then.

i am also thinking of taking up yoga and getting super ripped for summer.

I also constantll challenge myself goals for training best times and most reps etc.

however i do just enjoy being fitter, healthier and looking so much better then before

Quote Originally Posted by spacey47 View Post
    Hi

I am in a similar position having gone 4lbs under my goal weight ( total loss 42lbs) last november and i have mantained since then.

i am also thinking of taking up yoga and getting super ripped for summer.

I also constantll challenge myself goals for training best times and most reps etc.

however i do just enjoy being fitter, healthier and looking so much better then before
    Well done to you too
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Goal was 168lb's

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    Well done to you too
    Thanks.....Feels good doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by spacey47 View Post
    Thanks.....Feels good doesn't it
    Deffo its starting to feel like a normal way of life now.

Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Goal was 168lb's

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    Well near on four months of primal has me 30lbs lighter and feeling great.

Not quite sure whats going to happen now. I'm always going to be primal, but weight loss is not a concern anymore as I don't have any to lose.

How do others adjust to maintaining instead of losing?
    Now you get stronger, faster, meaner, tougher!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Now you get stronger, faster, meaner, tougher!

I'm deffo working on it..cheers

Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    Once you are on your goal weight you may need to increase your fat intake. You know what too much carb can do (though you may be able to increase a bit) and too much of your claories from protein can be problematic as well. So if at your goal weight you will likely need to increase total calories to hold, which means almost certainly you will need to increase the fat. Yumm, extra butter

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Once you are on your goal weight you may need to increase your fat intake. You know what too much carb can do (though you may be able to increase a bit) and too much of your claories from protein can be problematic as well. So if at your goal weight you will likely need to increase total calories to hold, which means almost certainly you will need to increase the fat. Yumm, extra butter
    Thanks for the tips Mitch. I'v upped my butter intake for sure by adding it to coffee on occasion

Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123