Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hungry But Cannot Eat page

ludobear is offline Junior Member

Hungry But Cannot Eat

Shop Now
    Ok. I am willing to suppose this could be some horrible manifestation of a carb flu. But, given that I never really experienced much of a carb flu last time - I am flummoxed.

I am hungry - starving, actually. I need to eat. But, the thought of eating anything (ANYTHING) makes me nauseous. It started with breakfast yesterday (one I happen to love, eggs and bacon) continued to my salad and chicken at lunch and finally on with my shell-less tacos for dinner.

I woke up this morning thinking I was feeling better until I started to prepare my meals - and now I feel sick at the thought of eating, again.

I am not actually sick (with influenza or anything of the sort) nor am I pregnant. It isn't even that I want to eat carbs instead. I don't want anything. At all.

I am miserable.
    Starting Primal: 2/24/13

SW: 261.5 | GW: 135 | CW: 255.25

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Interesting. Sounds like you're getting mixed satiety signals. I'd try to fast it out. Is the hunger that bad?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if i were you and you were me and i were experiencing what you're experiencing, i'd sip fluids til i wanted food again
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Interesting. Sounds like you're getting mixed satiety signals. I'd try to fast it out. Is the hunger that bad?
    It is pretty bad but not bad enough to make me eat. Keep in mind there is absolutely no way this nauseousness was a fullness in disguise. I took in less than 500 calories yesterday - total.

I am going to have chicken broth with me at work but I don't actually believe I'll be drinking it. At least I can stomach water. Water is good.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    if i were you and you were me and i were experiencing what you're experiencing, i'd sip fluids til i wanted food again
    That is pretty much the plan. I'm taking some chicken broth with me to work today and lots and lots of water. There is absolutely no way solid food is going to be eaten today.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    My wife sometimes complains of this too: being hungry and then suddenly getting nauseous. I cannot comprehend. I have only ever experienced those two states mutually exclusively. One theory is that the hunger is caused when blood sugar goes low, then if you don't eat, the body produces stress hormones and kicks in gluconeogenesis. Interestingly, she has had these episodes much less frequently since she went Primal!

Darz is offline Senior Member
    I could be wrong but maybe it's a psychological issue rather that physiological.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    or lots of dense food the day before, it makes me feel sickish too sometimes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    My wife sometimes complains of this too: being hungry and then suddenly getting nauseous. I cannot comprehend. I have only ever experienced those two states mutually exclusively. One theory is that the hunger is caused when blood sugar goes low, then if you don't eat, the body produces stress hormones and kicks in gluconeogenesis. Interestingly, she has had these episodes much less frequently since she went Primal!
    I am beginning to wonder if perhaps it is a result of too low carbs and thus plummeting blood sugar. Unintentionally, the last few days have been very low carb (under 30 for the most part). I am lucky that although I am very obese, I don't have blood sugar issues but I am wondering if perhaps I unintentionally caused trouble for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    I could be wrong but maybe it's a psychological issue rather that physiological.
    I can see where that might be questioned but I doubt it. I don't have issues with food. I have a very healthy attitude towards eating and always have (it should be for sustenance, not comfort and that eating is not what caused me to gain so much weight, but rather eating crap and being lazy).

BellaPorter is offline Junior Member
    I have the worst carb flu. So nauseated and with the diarrhea and head ache I would swear I was sick but I will feel fine the next day and than booty again for a day or two. I just ended the 2nd full week on plan so I know I could have this for a while longer...still sucks, lol. I am Insulin Resistance and teeter on the Diabetic side so it could be low sugars or something but man its miserable. The nausea is so nasty that if I move to much I hurl.

I understand your feeling where you are starving because I will get that too right after the nausea leaves. I will be starving with stomach growling and I will eat something and feel ok some of the time, other times it just makes it worse. I think it might be candida die off and carb flu. Too much toxins being released into the system and with a compromised liver like mine with NAFLD it might be doing it. It started 7 days after getting on plan. Oh I also PCOS. Have you been checked for that? It makes it soooo hard for us to lose weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast