Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unhealthy Exercise... page 2

nouveau primal is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep....

I've always been just strong enough to get in trouble.

My main injuries go back to '88-'91.
    Now my body is saying "Hey, remember that time when you..."

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Regarding the PF the first thing to do is make sure you always wear flexible shoes. Stiff shoes are a strain on the fascia. You need to improve flexibility and then strengthen the foot. Get a massage roller like the "stick". Put it on the floor and roll the bottom of your foot over it several times a day. Use it on your calves, working it over any areas that you feel a dull ache. Stretch your calves a couple of times each day. Calf raises with a weighted barbell on your back will also improve the foot strength. I'm 51 years old. I was in crap shape fitness wise in my early 40's. lots of aches, pain and injuries. Nothing improves your resistance to injury in sports at this age than weight lifting. My pain was mainly due to weak muscles unable to support the bone structure and a lack of flexibility. Conditioning and stamina gains come much faster than strength improvement. That's what gets you hurt with sports.

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    I feel your pain! I did kung fu for 30 years and had pains in my hands (when I started we used to do jumping from knuckle press ups to back of wrists press ups) I also used to do a lot of rock climbing which also puts strain on your finger joints. I dont do kung fu anymore as my injuries were making classes unpleasant and when you are an instructor you dont want to be hirpling around like an old codger! Since going primal the pain in my hands has gone. I wont go back to kung fu (at 50 I dont think that would be a good idea) but I'd like to get back into climbing again. I will just need to build up my strength more slowly.

And dont discount yoga! It keeps you flexible and you get to share a room with lots of attractive ladies who get into interesting body positions whilst not wearing very much. Whats not to like!!

If you do Tai Chi then make sure its combat Tai Chi and not just the usual waving-your-arms-around-in-a-faintly-ridiculous-manner-Tai-Chi. Real Tai Chi where you learn the original martial applications of the forms will open your eyes to a whole new way of fighting.

Jude Turner is offline Junior Member
    I think free hand exercise will be best for health also fitness.

nouveau primal is offline Junior Member
    I really appreciate all the advice.
    Lots of "yep" moments for me.

Just feeling sorry for myself having just taken a month off from training.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12