Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you make your icecream? page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was going to suggest molds for ice pops also. Once the "too hard" issue is gone, your choice of ingredients becomes infinite. If you're worried about the bpa in plastic molds, I've seen bpa free ones on Amazon.

I've done the frozen banana in the food processor, and it's good. I especially like how it looks like it's never going to turn into anything pretty one minute, and then like magic it starts to look like soft serve ice cream. It's a bit sweet for me to eat on a regular basis though. My tastes run toward sour treats.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    I make instant, easy-peasy, soft serve ice cream for the kids all the time.

In a blender, mix:

frozen bananas
    frozen strawberries (or any berries)
    almond milk (about half as much as the fruit in the blender)
    honey - 1 tbls
    coconut oil - about 2 tbls, melted, added while blender is running

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I just can't get enough raw cream to do it totally raw, so have to use heavy cream in my vanilla ice cream, sadly.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    There is a coconut ice cream product on the market. I'd try that and see the consistency to judge if you can get what you want with what you are using.

I made a sherbert like thing once with frozen mango and full fat coconut milk. It was good, but not like ice cream.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    I make many variations of the frozen banana ice cream, but my favorite paleo ice cream is Dave Asprey's:

“Get Some” Ice Cream

Ingredients
    4 whole eggs (pastured of course)
    4 yolks (in addition to the whole eggs above)
    2 tsp vanilla (I use Bulletproof Vanilla)
    1 gram vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or 10 drops apple cider vinegar or lime juice to taste.
    100 grams (7 tbs) grass-fed butter
    100 grams (7tbs) coconut oil (or substitute half Upgraded Cacao Butter for amazing taste)
    50 grams (3tbs + 2tsp) MCT oil (important for consistency)
    80 grams (5.5tbs) xylitol or erythritol (or more to taste – you can add up to 160 grams if you want)
    ~100 grams water or ice (just under 1/2 cup; add less than you think you need, then increase the amount).
    (optional) 1/4 to 1/2 cup of low-toxin Upgraded Chocolate powder

Method
    Blend everything but the water/ice in blender. It takes a while to get the butter blended into perfect creaminess.
    Add water or ice and blend some more until well blended. Ideally, you want a yogurt-like consistency for creamy ice cream, or add more water for a firmer, icier texture.
    Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn it on.

It's not cheap to make, but it's one of the best vanilla ice creams I've ever had, and that's including regular dairy ice creams.

I like to top mine with home made magic shell - chopped up dark chocolate melted with a scoop of coconut oil, which causes the mixture to harden when it hits the cold ice cream. I do a version with almond butter, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123