Shop Now
    the first one I mean

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    the first one I mean
    Obviously.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    How do you make your icecream?

I make ice cream with frozen bananas. Would you/they eat bananas? It's pretty amazing, super creamy, and no dairy. And no cooking. You could actually eat only the frozen bananas as the only ingredient, and it's delicious. I add coconut milk and cocoa powder sometimes (makes it super chocolatey) and other times I'll throw berries into it. Cinnamon is nice too. Medjool dates too. And also some almond butter gives it a nice extra creaminess. It needs no other sweetener. Basically just take overripe bananas, peel them, break them into a few pieces, put them into a freezer baggie, and freeze them for 24 hours. Then put them into a food processor with whatever else you like. It's the best, seriously. I eat it 3 or 4 nights a week. Maybe not technically ice cream because there's no cooking? But it tastes exactly like it.

My fav recipe:

2 frozen bananas
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

Whip it all in a food processor. Eat. Make more.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Can try this too, that looks nice.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    its just so humid right now, as soon as I get the ice cream out of the freezer and start churning it, it goes almost completely liquid again.
    I might have to give up on this batch, and try egg as well.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    +1 for using frozen bananas, even on their own they're good.

I often just throw an avocado, a banana & a cup of frozen berries in a blender, add some water or coconut milk and use the smoothie setting. If the avo and banana are not frozen, you may end up with more of a milkshake/thickshake depending on the amount of liquid. If that happens I just add some ice cubes and blitz it again. Still not like a solid ice cream, more like a slightly melted soft serve or really thick thickshake.

If you freeze the avo and nana it's even better.

Chuck in a couple of spoons of cacao powder and you've got a chocolate icecream/thick shake.

I imagine that if you put the above blended mixture into an icecream maker it'd come out ok.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We make raw ice cream with frozen bananas and avocado, and then flavor after that. Avocado gives creaminess; bananas give sweetness. Then you just go out from there.

Also, everything frozen, just blend.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    I can't eat bananas I have an ice cream maker (cuisinart) that churns out some decent ice cream but the problem is keeping it creamy. When it goes into the freezer it turns to ice and gets super nasty. Any tips on keeping non dairy ( I use coconut milk or almond milk) creamy? I usually add an egg yolk, as I've heard that helps, but haven't noticed much of a difference.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    using avocado instead of banana, and dates to sweeten it can work as well.

FreeBelle is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I just gave up and started putting them in ice cube trays so that at least it'll be easy to eat when rock hard. They're great. I just ordered Popsicle trays so I'm just gonna turn my coconut "ice cream" into coconut Popsicles.

I just use coconut cream, unsweetened coco and peppermint extract. It's so easy and good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast