Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Four Months to Wedding Day!! page 9

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Today: IF, black coffee only until 12:30 p.m. L: small can tuna in olive oil, 5 radishes, large very juicy grapefruit, 2 Mejpool dates, tea. Nothing until about 5:15 - 1/2 oz cheese and 5 more radishes. Supper at 6:30: 2 oven-fried chicken drumsticks (gluten-free dredging), about 1/4 cup rice, 1/4 cup peas. That's it, all in a 6 hour window. And it feels like enough. Pretty cool!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Looking forward to wedding day dress pics

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greensprout View Post
    looking forward to wedding day dress pics :d

me too!

I'll post pictures, I promise!

The whoosh continues. 139.0 this morning. And to reassure myself that it's not just water, I checked my % body fat (mine is a Tanita scale). It's down by 1%. The scale results vary by up to 3% between morning and evening, and I'm pretty familiar with the fluctuations, so I trust that this is real fat loss. If it was water loss, my % fat would be up, not down.

Personally, I think it's stress. I'm feeling the pressure, not only from the wedding, but from the several other major responsibilities that I carry, namely church co-pastoring and Special Olympics coaching. Never mind that I work almost full-time as well... Sleep is suffering, as is my usually positive, flexible, cheery attitude.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    make time for a relaxing treat anything you enjoy; a good undisturbed soak in the bath, a massage, chilling out to some good music etc
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

That's a great idea, Carbdodger, and one I already have underway. About 4 days after the wedding, when the hoopla dies down, is my birthday and I already have a massage booked for 9 a.m. that morning. Great way to start the day, right?

Alright, so some very primal dragging exercise awaits this evening. I can pretend to be bringing the wildebeest back to the oasis, but actually it will be tarp-loads of cedar mulch being dragged to the gardens. Heave-ho!!

Last night, I spent an almost two hours moving mulch around the yard using a tarp. Lots of dragging backwards, shoveling, lifting and dumping the tarp. Slow but very physical work. I kept all eating to a 6 hour window yesterday. I've discovered the miraculous appetite-appeasing effect of a latte - something about the hot frothy milk/coffee combo that fills me up like nothing else in mid-late afternoon. Luckily, Tim Hortons, our Canadian ubiquitous coffee/donut shops now carry lattes. I can buy them almost anywhere. About 3/4 cup milk gives me hours of total satiation and totally stops the after work munchies that are such a problem for me - go figure...

Gotta love this momentum I've got going! I'm at 138.5 this morning - down another half lb and down 3 lbs since Monday (only 3 days ago - can you say "whoosh"?) Overall, I started this journey at 156, a rather inflated Monday morning high, back in Feb. So that's a grand total of 17.5 lbs lost since I started.

I"m still gunning for lower 130's. I still have high %BF, despite a BMI of 22.3. That's thanks to a fine bone structure. And I still have a significant lower belly pooch.

But I'm feeling pretty fantastic about the success of the past few months. Nine more days to the wedding!

139.5 this morning, although I had a perfect eating day yesterday. I guess the whoosh is over and I'm settling at a new setpoint. That's fine - it's still in the 130's... Yesterday was IF till lunch, a tuna/feta BAS and strawberries for lunch, a latte in late afternoon and a taco salad for supper (hubby had soft tacos, I had the fillings on lettuce). Nothing more.

But the weekend looms large again. Tomorrow my brother arrives to stay for the week, it's both his birthday and the big family picnic (potluck heaven!!) Sunday is a BBQ at the church. Then the pre-wedding week begins with the arrival of the bride, then the groom, then extended family. Oh boy!! I need to hang onto the weight loss I've achieved and not let myself get swept up by circumstances and end up bloated by next weekend.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Nice.

I find that focusing on people/conversations helps me forget the food at gatherings. I also make sure to eat ahead of time, if I think I will get too tempted by food that I shouldn't eat.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast