Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Months to Wedding Day!! page 8

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

marthat is offline Senior Member
    And it worked! The last 2 lbs of bloat vanished overnight. I'm back at 142, where I was last Friday. No further, but at least I"m back. And the weekend looms again...

I took the dress and visited a private ladies wear store to sample the dreaded "foundation undergarments". It wasn't so bad, and they do a nice job of smoothing out the last few bumps under the dress. Damned expensive, though!! Holy cow! But I'm looking pretty good in the little purple dress. I'll post pics after the wedding.

Two weeks from tomorrow!

Another good day of IF. My appetite is way down. I had nothing but a couple of cups of black coffee all morning. At lunch, I ended up staying in the resident dining room until almost 1 p.m., half an hour past my usual lunch time. But I was fine, then ate my BAS with a whole avocado and a can of tuna added. And tea. Then nothing until almost 6:30, at which point I had a latte from a coffee shop, knowing that supper would be way late, after 8 p.m. Made it through soccer practice (I coach, not play) and took home a tray of sushi for supper. By 8 p.m. and after the latte, I could almost have skipped supper. So I ate about 6-8 pieces and called it quits. I'm just fine now, totally sated.

My younger son is home overnight and wants to go to the market for breakfast tomorrow. A special treat. But I think I will have coffee only and continue the IF for one more day. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday and I'm getting steaks for the barbecue and grilled asparagus, plus a pie for the birthday treat! All from the local farmer's market.

141.5 this morning. And I'm determined to not lose control today. Despite the birthday and it being Saturday.

Found shoes for my wedding outfit yesterday. Now just need to decide about the necklace...

Well, I survived the birthday day spectacularly. IF until lunch on coffee. Scored lots of wonderful meats and early summer vegetables at the farmer's market, as well as some maple syrup tarts for the birthday dessert, the first of the local fresh strawberries (OMG good!!) and breads for the wedding appetizers. Lunch was light, a European weiner eaten with garlic mayo, some fresh local radishes. In early afternoon, I poured the last cup of cold coffee from the morning, added about 3/4 cup of milk, 1 stevia packet and three ice cubes. Rather than just have iced coffee, I decided to blend it to crush the ice. It was a brilliant decision - the whole thing went thick and frothy - a whole new experience. And it filled me up until supper about 6.

The birthday dinner was strip loin steaks, rare, BBQ'ed. And a shell stuffed with scallops and stuffing (a bit of bread, but oh well... And BBQ grilled asparagus. Dessert was strawberries with a big dab of plain Greek yogurt sweetened with maple syrup. It was delicious! I ate about half my steak, the rest will be lunch today.

I was hungry in the evening, but since I was past an 8 hour eating window, I decided to ignore it and go to bed. Well, that decision paid off! This morning, I weigh 140.5, the lowest weight I have seen since I started this back in March!

Today will be challenging as well, with an evening BBQ and bonfire with friends. And I'm truly hungry this morning, so I will likely eat a breakfast. I'm expecting the scale reading will jump tomorrow morning, but if I can start the next week at my low from last week, I have a real chance of breaking into the 130's and really rocking my summer wardrobe!

Wahoo!! Made it through the weekend without an enormous weight rebound. In fact, I weigh less on Monday than I did last Friday! Yesterday, Father's Day, I ate breakfast for the first time in 4 days, sharing bacon and eggs with hubby. For lunch, we had younger son out to the house and gave Dad a big bag of treats - pickled herring, two kinds of stinky cheese, beet and herring salad, smoked trout - can you tell he's German? Anyways, he was delighted and we ate some of it for lunch. I had leftover steak slices dipped in garlic mayo and leftover roasted asparagus, eaten cold. Dessert was maple tarts for them and strawberries with Greek yogurt (maple syrup sweetened) for me.

The BBQ and bonfire worked out great as well. I had an enormous burger, without bun, cheddar on top, plus roasted red pepper and zucchini, a small amount of several salads and just water to drink. Wasn't in the mood for beer or wine. Then, since I brought dessert (birthday apple pie), I was able to serve it to everyone and nobody noticed that I didn't have any. I had decaf coffee instead. So I was stuffed, happy, totally non-bloated and sober. We hung around the bonfire until about 10, then headed for home.

So this morning I weigh 141.5. There is a noticeable easing in the fit of some of my summer pants in the last 2-3 days, so it's feeling like real weight loss. I'm back to IF this morning, gunning to see the 130's on my scale by the end of the week. It's a crazy busy week ahead, but with zero social engagements, so I'm optimistic that I can do this at last...

Yay you! Glad to see that IF/lower carbs are working for you.

Today's the day!! I dropped below 140 for the first time this morning. 139.5 - what a lovely sight! And to make it even more miraculous, it's a Tuesday! I'm not simply recovering from weekend bloat - I'm forging into new territory! WAHOO!

Eleven days to the wedding...

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    that's just great marthat - you are going to look and feel so awesome.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast