Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Months to Wedding Day!! page 6

Welshmamma is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Skipping breakfast is becoming the norm rather than the exception. Pretty amazing to me, as I was always an "eat within an hour of getting up" kinda gal my whole life until I started Primal.

Especially if I ate late into the evening before. Like last night. Smoked salmon and cream cheese on rice crackers, pinto bean chips, and olives stuffed with blue cheese (OMG!! - mouth bombs!!) plus a martini while sitting around the firepit last night with several neighbours. Gotta love long weekends!

So I've been out in the yard and garden for about 5 hours straight today, making loads of Vitamin D while getting my yard in shape for the upcoming wedding. I did all that on nothing but coffee, then all of a sudden, about 12:15, I had to drop everything and go get food. Truly hungry, not based on the time. Again, amazing how in tune with my own body I am becoming.

My body is tired in a very good way. So far my garden has peas, 5 varieties of tomatoes, zucchini, 2 varieties of peppers, 4 varieties of potatoes (including the cool purple ones), pole beans, rhubarb, asparagus and beets. Still need to plant the leafy stuff. Before that, though, I have to erect a chicken fence for the garden. The "girls" have no respect for my hard work, and judging from last fall, they love ripe tomatoes as much as I do...

UGHHH! I'm starting to really accept that I don't tolerate alcohol well. I had two glasses of red wine between 3 and 8 last night at a friend's house. Home-made, sulfite-free delicious red wine. And a moderate amount of food, containing some gluten grains and small amount of sugar. And I was miserable last night - hot flashes all night, restlessness, all around miserableness. And of course, bloated like crazy. My weight this morning is 146 lbs, up 4.5 lbs from 3 days ago. I had a Japanese lunch out on Sunday (stayed pretty good, but of course included a small amount of rice and tempura batter), evening campfire with mostly Primal appetizers and a martini, then a supper out last night. I only ate breakfast once this weekend and it was bacon and eggs.

It just seems so blinkin' unfair that one or two "indiscretions" can have such a devastating effect on my overall well-being and my weight. I was never this "fragile" before going mostly gluten and sugar free. Sure I had daily bloat instead of sudden intermittent bloat - I get that - but still...

So back on the wagon today.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    At least that weight will disappear in just a day or so if you eat clean again.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    At least that weight will disappear in just a day or so if you eat clean again.
    Yes, it is. I'm back to 143.5 this morning, down 2.5 lbs in 2 days. And sleeping better, too.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you are doing good things. I do hope we get a photo of the trim body in the purple dress. I've been with you every post and am looking forward to the wedding myself

Another week gone, 5 weeks remain until the wedding. I was at 143 this morning again. So annoying that it takes all week to get rid of the bloat from a few indiscretions the previous weekend and I don't seem to be moving downwards.

This weekend, I plan to stay the course and end up on Monday with a net loss for the weekend, not a 3+lb rebound. Then I can move forward next week. Might try the Potato hack again. It does seem to work for me. The 130's are tantalizingly close. Also plan to get on the rower and start some core work and push-ups, now that the craziness of this week is over. Next week is looking like a more manageable chaos.

Hubby made a planked salmon fillet on the Big Green Egg last night. With a Maple Smoke rub. It was mouth-gasmic!! I kept eating because the taste was so awesome.

142.0 this morning. Down a lb, almost back to my all time low so far. One more weekend day to survive, then the relative regularity of the workweek.

Bought groceries last night, as we were out of fruit and most veggies. Took hubby along - what an expensive trip! He's like a kid in a candy store - prosciutto ham, white asparagus, fancy cheeses, lower fat salty treats (he's trying to reduce processed fats and sugars while still having his beloved "chip-type" snacks). We are very well stocked for the coming week.

Walked 5k with my visiting brother yesterday. Over 7500 steps, by his pedometer.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Why no oil? Just curious

Update time. Weight has been hanging around 143-145 for the past week and a half, getting down near the end of the week, then bouncing back up with the tiniest indiscretion or departure from the plan. Then it takes most of the following week to get back to where I was - frustrating. Exercise has been heavy duty gardening, as in throwing rocks and raking a hillside around our newly installed stone steps, plus a lot of bending and squatting to pull weeds. My biceps and shoulders are feeling DOMS from the exertion. My wrist tendinitis is back full force and is causing me some pain - what an annoyance!

So, this week, to get back on track, I'm back on the Primal Potato Hack. It has been phenomenally successful for me in the past, so here we go again. Started yesterday and this morning, I was down a lb to 143.5, a weight that I didn't see all of last week. I am eating boiled and mashed potatoes for B and L, mashed with beef broth (just the powdered stuff this week - I drank the last of my bone broth supply last week). Then a regular Primal supper (mostly meat and veggies). Beverages are coffee at B and mid-morning, herbal or green tea at L, mid-afternoon and evening. Water with supper. I am carrying 1-2 small raw potatoes in my lunchbag to use as snacks if needed. I eat them like an apple.

I'm feeling great about this plan, as I know that it is very doable, very simple and I feel good while doing it. There is enough variety to keep things interesting, but most of every day is a no-brainer. I plan to keep it up until Friday - 5 days.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast