Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Months to Wedding Day!! page 5

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Two days later and I'm back to 144.0, feeling much better without the wine and the grain snacks. I've been skipping breakfast almost every day. Today, I'm hungry at 9:30-10 a.m. and may have to break down and eat the greek yogurt from my lunch, but otherwise I've been managing well on 2 meals/d in the past few days. Four lbs of bloat gone in 4 days - feels great!

The precipitous drop back to my lowest point continues. Amazing what compliance will do! I'm at 143.5 lbs this morning. I managed to skip breakfast yesterday for a 18 hour IF period. Then a large bowl of turkey veg soup (with my homemade smoked turkey bone broth - yummy) and a greek yogurt for L. Then an elk burger sans bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and guacamole toppings, plus coleslaw for supper. And a martini about 9 a.m. - it's was our "Friday night" as hubby and I are both off work today.

Off to spend the day with my new "daughter-in-law-to-be" to do wedding planning stuff - yippee!

Out for big dinner at favourite European restaurant last night. I had liver schnitzel - amazing. Not totally primal, but I ate the side veggies, gave away 90% of the potatoes and avoided the bun before dinner (despite the fact that this place does amazing warm buns...) Because of the celebratory nature of the dinner (three graduations - two from university, one from highschool , one birthday and mother's day), the owner brought us three desserts to share between the 5 of us - coconut pineapple bread pudding with a custard sauce and whipped cream - ambrosia!! I ate some of that, but overall, I didn't eat to excess except for the fact that I finished every bite of the liver. You have to understand that I'm a relatively small-eating middle-aged woman in a family of tall, active men. I have "vultures" watching over my plate at most eating out occasions, asking "Are you going to finish that?"

The best part? No bloat - weighted the same low weight this morning as yesterday. 143.5.

And despite being Saturday and market day, I didn't eat at the market - I IF'd through to lunch for a total of 17 hrs. It's getting easier the longer I do this, as long as I have a black coffee to get me over the mid-morning hump. So I've been managing well on 2 meals and sometimes one snack for most for the past week.

Ended last weekend at a bloated 148 lbs - OUCH! Ended this weekend with a much better 144 lbs. was as low as 143, but had a big feed of smoked ribs last night and there was sugar in the rub and in the broccoli/raisin salad. Ate out Friday night, too, making the lack of weight bump even better.

Unfortunately I'm off to stay in a hotel and eat at a conference for the next 2 days. Carb-bomb alert!!! Wish me luck!

I am so freaking proud of myself! I not only survived the conference, with two nights in a hotel, free hotel breakfast and supper, supplied snacks and lunch both days at the conference and a supper out, but I came home weighting less than I did on Monday!!

Mon night - after 7 hours of nothing, I had a braised short rib stuffed burger with no bun and ceasar salad at a fancy restaurant. It was an amazing burger!

Tues - free B at the hotel turned out to have cheese omelets and sausages and hash browns (tasteless - I only ate about 2), lots of fresh fruit. Not nearly the carb-fest I was expecting. All the conference snacks were carb-bombs though - donuts, danishes, muffins, etc. There were also candy dishes on all the tables. I ate a few bits of chocolate, but avoided the butterscotch candies, and all the carbs in the lunchroom. Lunch itself turned out to be great - baked chicken legs and wedge potatoes, plus green salad. Fresh fruit was offered for lunch - I ate a bunch of assorted melon slices. Supper was again free at the hotel - crummy, rather tasteless food, but free, so we ate there and saved our money for shopping. They had lasagna, potatoes, steamed veggies, three nice salads (including Greek - it was pretty good). We found a Whole Foods standing alongside the big mall we were transported to, so several of us spent most of our time wandering around in there. I managed to spend a fair bit (I live a long ways from a Whole Foods!)

Wed - B at the hotel was Western omelettes and ham slices this time, plus some fruit. The snacks at the conference were much improved, even had some cheese! But I stuck mainly to coffee. They supplied a box lunch at about 1 p.m. and it turned out to be lovely - green salad, egg salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato on thin rye bread (though I rather deconstructed it and ate only one slice of the bread). I gave away my can of pop and the cookie. But it was enough to get me home.

So now I'm back into the groove of home, although the long weekend is looming (it's this weekend for Canadians). So I"m still gunning for the 130's by the start of June. All I need is one morning of seeing 139.5 on my scale and I'll be over the moon!

Six and a half weeks until the wedding!!

New low of 141.5 this morning. And that's after spending part of the week in a hotel and at a conference. I'm pretty stoked! Only 2 more lbs until the 130's!

It's the long holiday weekend and that means lots of shared meals with friends (meaning alcoholic beverages and desserts, cheese trays, snack foods, etc). But I'm feeling confident that I can make it through the weekend without too much rebound.

Six weeks from today, my son gets married in my back yard. I now weigh 15 lbs less than I did when I started this push 2 1/2 months ago. The dress is looking much better, though my lower abdomen is still pouchy. Mind you, it has never been otherwise...

So, next push is six weeks of core and upper arms to really rock the dress, plus push for the last 6-8 lbs off. Can't wait to post pre and post wedding pictures on the Before and After page!!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Wanted to let you know I've been following your progress. My son is getting married in September so I, like you, am working on getting rid of pounds that came back when I needed a thyroid med increase.

I find the similarities between us uncanny. I think we are close in height-- I'm 5'6"ish. We are so close in weight it's unreal. And my lower abdomen is and has always been pouchy--especially since I had twins.

Welshmamma is offline Junior Member
    Just read your diary and am really impressed!

I'm new to Paleo/Primal so trying to pick up as much info as I can. Can you tell me what the Primal potato diet is please?

Thanks x

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshmamma View Post
    Just read your diary and am really impressed!

I'm new to Paleo/Primal so trying to pick up as much info as I can. Can you tell me what the Primal potato diet is please?

Thanks x
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread72366.html

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast