Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Four Months to Wedding Day!! page 10

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    139.5 this morning. Typical Friday with soccer practice until 7:30, then picked up a sushi tray for supper. I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. IF till lunch, then yesterday's lunch was leftover taco meat in a salad (no other dressing) and some grapes, afterwork snack was the last half cup or so of the taco meat, an oz cheese and about a dozen lower-salt chips (hubby's treat food - I was stressed!!). With the sushi, that was it for the day.

Today will be majorly challenging - family picnic with about 40 people contributing to potluck. I'm bringing meat. But this morning will be major exercise - laying 90 rolls of sod, each weighing 20-30 lbs. Oh boy! There are 5 of us doing the work. I'm likely to be a gopher - carry the sod to the guys laying it. It's also my brother's birthday and he's arriving from the States for the picnic today. Not sure what supper will look like...

Back at 139.5 after a little weekend bump. Given the family picnic potluck with 2 groaning tables of food and the church BBQ, I'm pretty pleased about that.

So, 5 days until the wedding. I'm now off work for a week and a half. Bride and groom have arrived home and the work on seemingly hundreds of details begins. Weather is looking cool (high 22C) and cloudy for Saturday, but if we can avoid the 60% chance of showers, we'll be great. Tent and portapotties arrive tomorrow.

I'm going to try to keep with the IF until noon, eat in an 8 hour window and no evening calories. And try to stay Primal in my food choices as much as possible. And keep the weight in the 130's. Those are my only dietary goals for this week. Other than that, I'm just going to go with the flow. Can't believe it's almost here!

139.0 this morning. Not sure why, as I was drinking wine and eating strawberry/rhubarb crisp (semi-primal, made by me), cheese and kettle corn (I know - weird, non-primal combo) into the late evening. It's all good, though. We're enjoying the lead-up time and are staying fairly relaxed.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

139.5 this morning. I ate tortellini last night - first time for pasta in what seems like years, but it was a special request of the groom. And after shopping for the wedding dinner food with the caterer for 3 hours, I was too tired to try and come up with alternatives. I just sat down and ate a very small portion.

One more prep day, then tomorrow is the rehearsal, then the wedding... Wow! We're building a dance floor today. The tent is up, food bought, yard needs final mowing and trimming, bride's dad arrives today to help out.

It's WEDDING DAY!!! After threatening all week to be a cool wet day, we have been blessed with a cool, dry day. Perfect for a backyard wedding and a tent reception. After about 24 hours of straight rain (that miraculously started just after we had finished putting the walls up on the tent and were safely back at home), the rain miraculously stopped again about mid-afternoon yesterday and everything dried up in time for our rehearsal and the following dinner. Guests (about 16 of us) were able to sit both inside and out, eating amazing appetizers (mostly gluten-free thanks to my celiac friend) and then gourmet pizza (not Primal, but catered). An wonderful evening.

The karma around this wedding has been amazing all week.

I have done my best with IF most days, but have had a bridal shower (at an Italian restaurant, with cake and ice cream), then the rehearsal dinner, breakfast out one day - yet my weight has remained remarkably stable at 139.5-141. I'm very happy with the 15 or so lbs that I lost in the past 3 months and plan to rock the dress this afternoon. Pictures to follow!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    here's hoping you all have a wonderful day
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

So, the wedding is over, the cleanup almost complete and the new Mr. and Mrs. are on their way to Chicago for a week of wining and dining and seeing the sights. The big honeymoon will have to wait a year or two due to ongoing education. Everything was perfect - the weather, the venues, the band, the food, the beverages, the tent, the friends and family. Today, we dismantled the dance floor, took the pallets back to where they had been borrowed, the microbrewery beer folks are coming shortly to pick up the "keg-erator", tent and all rented stuff will likely go tomorrow. We have managed to give away or otherwise use up almost all the extra food and beverages and there was a TON of stuff left over! We've only kept the last of the pulled pork (consumed last night for "day after" supper), the coleslaw, all the fancy cheeses and cheese spreads from the rehearsal dinner. And the club soda. Oh, and we have about 8 lbs of beautiful raw Georgian Bay whitefish, boned, skinned and frozen into single meal portions in our freezer. Most non-primal stuff is gone.

Hubby is complaining that he has regained 2 1/2 lbs of the 10 lbs he's lost since starting his rowing program 2 1/2 months ago. He wants to get back to our usual eating pattern, which for him is about 70% primal. That's great news. I, on the other hand have not gained anything through this whole weekend, hanging right at 140 lbs for the last several days. That's stress for ya! Good stress, but stress nonetheless.

In the end, I had lost 16 lbs since starting this quest and I did "rock the dress". I had so many comments on how great I looked. Being professionally fluffed and puffed helped alot - the dark circles under my eyes were concealed, hair was shellaced into place, etc. But I felt like a million bucks! It was cool enough that I used a deep purple pashmina shawl around my shoulders for much of the evening.

When I can figure out how to upload one of the pics I have so far, I'll post it. Soon, I promise!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

OK, I think I've done it...

ljxy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/1036/ljxy.jpg

That's my son on my right. Starting married life out right by carrying his wife's shoes for her...

Once I have the official photographer's shots, I'll post a better one of me in the dress, but this is the best of my brother's shots. I've got my eyes closed, but oh well....
    Last edited by marthat; 07-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast