Thread: Critique this Meal Replacement Shake page

onawave is offline Junior Member

Question Critique this Meal Replacement Shake

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

Good old network marketing.

A mate of mine is trying to get me into his business. Yes, i hear you all saying "network marketing" run for the hills. Im inclined to agree.

The nutrition geek in me has been going over their no 1 selling product, i have my reservations.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byqw...it?usp=sharing

Now, before we get into how bad meal replacement shakes are, lets think about this objectively.

1. Most people dont have time to jump into a fully blow paleo / primal life style
    2. I would see the "meal replacement" as the change catylyst to a better healthier life - in my opinion this is the biggest benefit
    3. It is by no means the answer for really sick people nor is it a long term answer

I would value your opinions on the quality of the product.

Cheers,

oaw

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I find it hard to believe that "MOST" people haven't got time to eat real food. I think it's that MOST people who haven't got "time" are lacking motivation and will-power, putting it all into the too-hard basket, and opting for either packaged food or meal-replacement shakes.

The majority of people should have time to at least prepare in advance some real food.

However, I can understand why someone who turn to a shake. I've done so in the past, but when I have done so I realised I was planning FOR the shake because I assumed I wouldn't have "time" for anything else. Then 2 hours I'm hungry or craving something real and substantial that doesn't just taste like cake mix.

onawave is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I find it hard to believe that "MOST" people haven't got time to eat real food. I think it's that MOST people who haven't got "time" are lacking motivation and will-power, putting it all into the too-hard basket, and opting for either packaged food or meal-replacement shakes.

The majority of people should have time to at least prepare in advance some real food.

However, I can understand why someone who turn to a shake. I've done so in the past, but when I have done so I realised I was planning FOR the shake because I assumed I wouldn't have "time" for anything else. Then 2 hours I'm hungry or craving something real and substantial that doesn't just taste like cake mix.
    I totally agree.

But just think what is the biggest factor here? The product? No not really. Its being a change catalyst. Its getting people to think differently. Even with my own friends who come to me for advice - they find the first step the hardest. This is the only reason why i think the product can work.

The Vi company does the "change" part very well. They host challenges and what not and get everyone involved and make u track weight loss.

So im not saying this is the best product. Infact i think its far from the best product or the most optimal way. Ive got my reservations on the ingredients of the product - and thats why im asking these questions and hoping for constructive feedback.

Zach is offline Banned
    Google Body by Vi and Pyramid scheme.

I cant see the document but i can guarantee you could make your own shake at a fraction of the price and 10x the nutrition. The only people follow diets like these are just looking for a quick fix and will jump to the next thing when that one doesnt work.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I should have written: not constructive, just opinion :P

I haven't really tried this meal-replacement shake, so i was just musing. I do however have the Primal Fuel shake. Sometimes I add it to yoghurt (it goes all mousse-like) as a healthier dessert, or have it after a work-out, but ever replace a whole meal with it.

But you are right.. as the first step, or getting people into the mindset, it probably works well.

newlife77 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I actually found Primal thru starting a MR diet 2yrs ago. It taught me about ketosis and low carb so I googled these, came across MDA and that lead me to eating PB. I didn't look back until I hit some really bad times in my life last year and fell off the wagon big time. I'm now back to debating going back to PB slowly but surely (couldn't cope cold turkey right now) or starting with a few weeks of MR then PB after.

Altho I totally agree that PB is better, healthier, easier longer term, I found that the MR were the one way to kick out of bad habits, stamp out cravings and make me lose a lot of weight - which is inspiring in itself. I felt that MR was like pressing a 'reset' button in my body, it recalibrated all my organs and got rid of cravings etc and all whilst not having to think about food, what I "should" eat or counting calories/points!!! Mental and physical freedom from food for a fee weeks and it really kick-started a healthier way of life!!!

H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!