Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch ideas page

Shane. is offline Junior Member

Lunch ideas

Shop Now
    I am currently trying to bring my bodyfat down and go for a more lean conditioned fighter body. I am struggling for lunch as I hate salad with a passion and have no cooking facilities at work. I am thinking of something along lines of:
    -Sliced steak, 2 hardboiled eggs & Pistachio nuts
    -Lamb & sweet potato stew (in a flask to keep warm)
    -Chopped chicken breast, pistachio nuts & tin of mackerel

any other ideas along these lines? Need to be fairly easy to make up and possibly few days at a time

Thanks

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    IF (intermittent fasting)
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-26-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    1/2-1 can Tuna Fish or Salmon with greens sauteed in Coconut Oil and chopped anchovies. Put each in a baggie. The greens will re-heat in a microwave in a 15 sec.
    Grass-Fed Beef Jerky and sauerkraut or KimChi. Buy the Jerky online.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    I had this problem. Then I realized that I generally am not hungry for lunch anyway (once in a while I might be). So I usually skip it. That's how I figured out how to IF, and it works great for me. And when 5:00 rolls around I am excited for dinner!

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    i love making some frittatas with different kinds of meat and veggies . i make 6 on sunday and eat them for lunch on weekdays

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    I often have bulletproof coffee for breakfast and then push my normal breakfast to lunch. This makes it so much easier to not have to think of what to eat.

So I would have BP coffee for breakfast and then bacon, eggs, and a 50/50 salad for lunch with EVOO and Balsamic.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't wait until supper to eat. I IF every day and break my fast with a snack at 3:00 pm, then have dinner between 6:00 and 8:00pm.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    If you have to eat something substantial for lunch, you could always cook anything in advance and take to work.

Nanci is offline Member
    I've been bringing leftover homemade turkey burgers with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese for breakfast. Really, any meat, cold, is good! Elk burgers with sea salt, white pepper, garlic and honey are good cold, too.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers. If you are going to be cooking dinner anyway, just make more - an extra steak, burger, piece of chicken, etc.

Or, try this recipe:
    Slow Cooker Thai Yellow Curry With Grass Fed Beef Brisket | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo

I just made this yesterday with a few tweaks. I used ~1.5 lbs beef cross shanks, frozen cubed butternut squash instead of potatoes, frozen chopped onions instead of fresh and I skipped the apple juice and used green curry because that is what I had around. Since I didn't have to cut anything it took me about 10 minutes to assemble in the crock pot. Came home to dinner and today's lunch. And it was *really* good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast