Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin care? page 2

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone!!

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    I use oil cleansing a few times a week, coconut oil under my eyes and aloe for the rest of my face. (I find that coconut oil all over is too greasy for my skin type and causes pore clogging). I also use coconut oil on my lips instead of lip balm.

For oil cleansing I use a mix of - coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and castor oil. There's good info online on proportions for different skin types if you search "oil cleansing method"
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    I'd go for Derma e products, I've recommended their products to many patients (I've been a medical aesthetician for 10 years). I use several of their products.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I usually don't do anything to my face, but I tried a corn white vinegar a few weeks ago and it stung like HEO. And then I had minimal breakouts, even during my stressed periods (I get a few pimples when the stress increases on my otherwise clear complexion), and when I tried the rinse last week, it did not sting at all. I hope I did not kill any good bacteria on my face, though

As a side note, I've been using the shampoo and conditioner as a trial at a local gym, Equinox, and the supposedly great amino acid-based shampoo and conditioner totally dried my hair out. MY HAIR BARELY MOVES ON ITS OWN. Very annoying :/ Going back to my citric acid now.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Most of what you use on your skin is not absorbed by it, skin care remains on the surface of your skin, and chemicals aren't bad. That said, if you want natural products, I'd go with aloe Vera gel in summer and a heavier duty oil in winter, like jojoba and argan for the face and coconut or sesame for the body. I've tried sweet almond and olive oil and they're both way too sticky.
    You truly believe that?

This is what I do every couple of days:
    http://cavegirleats.com/2010/12/29/cleansing-redefined/
    I use jojoba oil after.
    I used to need to moisturise all the time, as my skin felt so dry, now it feels amazing.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epicuriousbynature View Post
    I'd go for Derma e products, I've recommended their products to many patients (I've been a medical aesthetician for 10 years). I use several of their products.
    Ingredients:
    Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate (C-Ester), Glycolic Acid, Lilium Candidum (Madonna Lily) Extract, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Niacinamide, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Fragrance.

Way too many ingredients for me, too scary, I have no idea what most of them are.

vwaggs is offline Junior Member
    Just received this today from UW! Top 4 personal care ingredients to avoid. It has a little video as well.
    Top 4 Personal Care Ingredients to Avoid! | Underground Wellness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12