Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Fantasies page 2

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah me to, though I try to keep it simple and say things that most people wouldn't object to...trying to cut down on the sugar I eat, grains don't agree with me, etc. Thankfully (HA, who'd a thunk I'd ever be saying THAT) I DO have Celiac, so I can use that one, lol.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I put butter in my coffee when I run out of half and half. Mine's not really bullet proof though because I only put in about a half to three quarters of a tblsp. Over doing either carbs or fats can lead me to be hungry. Protein seems to be my appetite suppressant of choice, and most protein comes with some fat.

And there I was hoping this would be a thread about 'I fantasise that I live somewhere where warm sunshine wakes me in the morning; I fantasise about getting free bacon' sort of stuff.
    My primal fantasy would be to not have to have to take so much time to find healthy foods. A Primal Walmart type store would be awesome. No factory foods, all organic produce, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    When I think about butter in coffee I think of oily globules floating on the surface and it tasting like coffee-flavoured oil. :X

Please tell me I'm wrong!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    You are wrong. I whip mine up with one of those battery operated milk frothers and when it's whipped up it tastes just like cream. I do this because besides gluten, I also have an issue with casein, but for some reason butter seems to be okay, while cream sometimes does make me sick.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit to kinda loving my version of bulletproof coffee...steovetop espress + coconut oil (sometimes butter but rare) + egg yolk + cinnamon/cocoa powder. whipped up with my handheld blender that is the bomb! frothy and creamy, it keeps me going til lunch then i get a good dose of good fat and nutrients in the yolk.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    When I think about butter in coffee I think of oily globules floating on the surface and it tasting like coffee-flavoured oil. :X

Please tell me I'm wrong!
    That is always what I think of, which is why I haven't tried it. I guess I missed the memo about BLENDING it... not just dumping it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by meloroaster View Post
    I have to admit to kinda loving my version of bulletproof coffee...steovetop espress + coconut oil (sometimes butter but rare) + egg yolk + cinnamon/cocoa powder. whipped up with my handheld blender that is the bomb! frothy and creamy, it keeps me going til lunch then i get a good dose of good fat and nutrients in the yolk.
    I might be tempted to try this. Mom bought me a little smoothie maker for christmas and I stored it away in the midst of my sister having her baby crisis. I need to find it.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    One of the most frequent comments I get when I do tell someone I eat primal/paleo is "Oh that's one of those low carb things." Well, yes, it can be for some, but that's not what's it's supposed to be about. Who knows how that misinterpretation even started. Another misinterpretation I think a lot of people have is that it's just a weight loss diet.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    That is always what I think of, which is why I haven't tried it. I guess I missed the memo about BLENDING it... not just dumping it in.
    Ditto...

Zeera, it's well ingrained in us (haha, see what I did there) that we need to eat breads for the whole grains and carbs, and it's been a staple of our diets for so long, that people don't understand why anyone would cut it out unless you're intolerant (poor thing!) or trying to lose weight (wack job!)

BrianBrookshire is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    One of the most frequent comments I get when I do tell someone I eat primal/paleo is "Oh that's one of those low carb things." Well, yes, it can be for some, but that's not what's it's supposed to be about. Who knows how that misinterpretation even started. Another misinterpretation I think a lot of people have is that it's just a weight loss diet.
    Yeah, the misconceptions non-paleos have about paleo, if they even know what it is, are even further out there. Earlier today someone forwarded me another link talking about how they thought the paleo diet was a "joke" when they first heard about it, then went on to try and debunk it while clearly showing no understanding of what the paleo diet actually is.

Most of the time I just tell people I'm allergic to wheat or soy. For the totally uninitiated I usually just tell people "I eat lean meats, fruits, and vegetables; I don't eat grains, soy, and processed foods." Sometimes just going with the specifics helps get out of the trap of abstract ideas like "paleo" or "primal." Trying to explain things like o3 : o6 ratios, etc. to people who've never heard any of this before is just TMI.

shoumart0 is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    It has next to no chocolate in it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast