Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not-so-good food concoctions page

ToniWA is offline Senior Member

Not-so-good food concoctions

Shop Now
    I have never been a good cook or one of those people that can just throw something together. Which leads me to the occasional "ew" on my plate, but at least I'm experimenting.

Today's "ew":

chopped HB eggs
    1/2 avocado
    Shredded mozz/jack cheese
    greek yogurt

Blah, but I finished it since that's what I brought to eat today. Have you made an "ew"?

MightyMite is offline Member
    Pretty much a weekly occurance for me. I can even somehow mess up recipes that turned out well before. So once a week I make meatza to convince my SO to keep trying what I cook.

MmmFat is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! I was with you 'til the Greek yogurt.

Most of the time, I have pretty good cooking instincts, but sometimes they lead me astray. I can't think of any recent primal food "ews" at the moment, but I'm sure I'll remember something. I look forward to reading the responses.
    "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -- Virginia Woolf

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i tried adding an avocado to my homemade mayo... DO NOT DO IT IT IS SO GROSS>....

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniWA View Post
    I have never been a good cook or one of those people that can just throw something together. Which leads me to the occasional "ew" on my plate, but at least I'm experimenting.

Today's "ew":

chopped HB eggs
    1/2 avocado
    Shredded mozz/jack cheese
    greek yogurt

Blah, but I finished it since that's what I brought to eat today. Have you made an "ew"?
    It's funny because if you put those out on separate plates, sort of buffet-style, they would probably be quite nice!

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    "...buffet-style, they would probably be quite nice"

Should of done that! Cuz I'm a BIG fan of the buffet.
    'xcuse me! First in line here!

beckinwolf is offline Member
    I once made a meal with baked Sole and Leeks. OMG! It stunk up the entire house for days. I think Sole is ok by itself, or seasoned with just salt and pepper, maybe a tad of garlic with butter, but not with the leeks. Leeks are just way too strong. Sometimes I end up mixing too many things together and it can be kind of "ew". I made some "dressing" out of bacon grease and spices, and poored it over a cold BAS, and the bacon grease congealed, so it was quite an icky salad by the time I got to the end.
    Carpe Diem!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Oh I do that all the time.

I made a dish once with eggs that were sorta poached in a tomato sauce, and it made my husband throw up. =[ I didn't mind it, to be honest, but it was still a bad sign.

I tried a recipe earlier in the week for Korean-inspired burgers, even though it looked like too much garlic when I read it. Oh, and I added some extra sesame oil... and bumped up the amount of green onions a bit. They ended up so darn "flavorful" that they were difficult to eat, lol. I've been using up the leftovers for breakfasts, chopping them up and scrambling into eggs to dull the intensity... they taste good that way but if I belch at all it tastes like garlic ALL. DAY. LONG. (Sorry if that's TMI.) The last one will finally be gone tomorrow.. *sigh*

sleepy girl is offline Member
    Avocado + sardines+spinach+ walnuts for breakfast one morning when I had first gone primal and had nothing else in the house to eat. The level of grossness was almost beyond comprehension. I don't like fish anyway, and this really put it over the edge. I have to think about something else now to cleanse my brain of the memory of that concoction.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I made a couple of ewws when I first started primal and cooking :P... like, microwaved veggies drenched in olive oil and curry or something, almost made me barf lol. Now I keep my cooking relatively simple, but I also usually get away with throwing a bunch of things together (especially in frittatas, yum).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast