Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surely covered already here, but Paleobar? page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

Surely covered already here, but Paleobar?

Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Can't see your pic yet, but since it's named facepalm, I'm assuming you're being sarcastic.

My take. It comes in a foil wrapper. Lots of things that don't sound like food in the ingredients. When did peanuts become Paleo? Oh yeah, it comes in a foil wrapper. There just aren't many things that come in a foil wrapper that are much more than candy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Glorified candy with a healthy halo.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    rice protien, how the feck do you get the protien outta rice

I have no idea, nor do I care to find out, but I'm sure it dosn't just fall out when you shake it
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Rice also doesn't have teats, and yet... there's rice milk. Rice must be a wonder food!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    To mis quote the lost boys

"you don't like rice michael, come-on how can 10 million chinese people living in a represed govenment contoled state where the have no control over food choices be wrong?"

"oh it's magots propper protien, YUM, oi give me them maggots you theiving vampire bastard"
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Ingredients...

Maltitol syrup, rice protein concentrate, erythritol, almond butter, Unsweetened chocolate, glycerine, digestion resistant fiber (fibersol 2) Crisped Rice (rice flour, malt extract, rice bran, calcium carbonate) Guar Gum, Coconut oil, Cocoa Powder, Natural Peanut butter, Creatine Magnapower (magnesium creatine chelate) Natural Flavor, Rice X stabillized rice bran, Sea Salt, Alpha Lipoic acid, Chromium Niacin Glycine Chelate.
    Fibersol 2, Magnapowder, and Rice X! Yum!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I fired an email out to them asking how they can justify calling their bar paleo.

Response was:

The term "paleo" is used to encourage changes toward a lifestyle. Not all of our products are truly paleo.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

As long as corporations have zero ethics, you can't believe just about anything on the front of the label. And the govt can't be expected to define every word used on those labels because as soon as they define any word for labeling, marketers will just come up with another misleading wording for their label.

I learned it with simple canned tuna. Tuna in water - that's what it reads on the front of the label. But, the average grocery store tuna in water has soy. I've read labels for years and I never thought to read the label on a can of tuna until I was doing some online searches to learn about soy.

Anyway, what I took away from that is to never trust the front of the label. Light and Fruity yogurt is neither light nor fruity - it's barely yogurt. Energy bars are by and large a rip-off in terms of nutrition and price (think of all the packaging you're paying for). The list goes on and on. Sadly, Paleo will be one of the next scams to take in people who don't/won't read labels.

The good news is that if we stick to foods we can see - butchered, picked from the ground, wild caught fish, etc., we won't be taken in because a little piece of crumbly "energy" packed in foil will no longer register as anything that could be food.

B*tch-lite

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't be surprised if you find a Primal/Paleo aisle in your supermarket in the near future, the segment is growing and they want your money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast