Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 7

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    <whoooooosh>(The sound of a joke passing overhead)
    I'm an English professor. The switch of "your" and "you're" and the bad punctuation was deliberate. Sorry you missed it.
    Im surprised that was the first grammar mistake of mine you quoted seeing as i have no respect for the english language or the use of these thigs ,';.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Im surprised that was the first grammar mistake of mine you quoted seeing as i have no respect for the english language or the use of these thigs ,';.
    True. If I quoted every one of your grammar boo boos I would not get anything else done in a day. I just thought you telling people (on a Primal site) to get "passed" the fact that 180degree "health" advocates junk food and grains was funny.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I relay two mulch own spill cheek sum thyme.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    That's great. If you don't mind my asking, what are your dietary sources of magnesium, iodine and vitamin D?
    When I have raw dairy I supplement with Natural Calm for magnesium. If I don't have any dairy, which is most of the time, I find that sweet potatoes and russet potatoes balance me out and I have no or very little tolerance for more magnesium.

Iodine is something I don't get in food, as I HATE those foods. I take kelp tablets for that need.

Vitamin D3 I supplement (with K2) in the winter or days when I can't get outside. The rest of the year I make an effort to expose myself a good amount each day. I have had this tested and my levels were great.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I have tracked my calories very carefully for a very long time. I was not accidentally eating more than I thought. To lose I need to maintain 1,000. That never works and once I reach around 1200 I start gaining again. I do eat 100% primal with the exception of a small amount of raw grass-fed dairy. No primal "treats". I don't "need" to lose but would like to lose 10 pounds of fat. My bigger concern is needing to starve myself for the rest of my life just to maintain myself above where I would like to be anyway! I am hungry often, but more importantly I'm obsessed with food all day long. I'm tired of food being my life.

Just to report: Today is day 3 of this experiment. I'm up 4 pounds but my waist is the same size. I also feel firmer everywhere. Sort of like my fat is toning up if that makes any sense at all. I would guess this is an inflammation reduction. Also, my energy is up, focus is better, mood is better, stress is down. None of those things previously seemed like problem areas before, yet I still enjoy this further improvement.
    I do hope you can get to a place you are comfortable about what you are doing and it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Cats need to be fed separately or in groups of similar eating style. As predators they are natural scavengers and thieves.
    Sorry not sure what you mean in reference to my comment?
    My cats eat raw and eat right next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I do hope you can get to a place you are comfortable about what you are doing and it works for you.
    Thanks, me too.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    IMO human body shape & weight distribution in a population probably follows a statistical deviation curve where 2/3 are pretty much normal BMI, just under 1/3 are marginally heavy or light and a very small percentage, maybe 0.5% are morbidly obese or thin and these are most likely due to genetic issues.

The unfortunate thing is that curve can be shifted by external inputs, like diet, environment, lifestyle, psychological pressures from peers and the mass marketing machine.

Consuming healthy nutrient rich Primal/Paleo foods to satiety for the bulk of the population would result in a healthy weight stable position, this may not be the position you think you should be at and if so, feel free to do all your adjustments to fine tune and tell your body you know better, knowing all the while you probably really have no idea and your body will respond in it's own way and you can then enjoy your dieting roller coaster ride, and don't kid yourself that it is right because it's kind of Primal.

The other option is to throw out the scales and mirror and learn to accept yourself as you are, I highly doubt there is anyone out there who is eating and living Primal that has an out of control weight problem, most of the weights I see quoted are either not that excessive when slightly heavy and often sound underweight to me.

My partner ranges 150-175lb and is about 5'4", yes she does have a bit of belly pout and a bit extra on her arms and thighs, but I'm ok with that and so is she, she is curvy, and most people are surprised at her actual weight possibly because she has a clear waist line, you need to have a bit extra above and below to show there is a waist there rather than just trying to shrink the waist artificially.

Most female role models and images today are basically pre pubescent school girl form, that's not an achieaveable target for the majority of the female population.

My realisation on this came many years before I even thought about the Primal thing, it was a beach seen and the vision of a body builder running legs spread wide because of excessive thighs interfering with movement, into the arms of his equally artificial looking partner, that's when i realised function was a better goal than form, aka health over looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Most female role models and images today are basically pre pubescent school girl form, that's not an achieaveable target for the majority of the female population.

My realisation on this came many years before I even thought about the Primal thing, it was a beach seen and the vision of a body builder running legs spread wide because of excessive thighs interfering with movement, into the arms of his equally artificial looking partner, that's when i realised function was a better goal than form, aka health over looks.
    The phrase "an ass like a 10 year old boy" has become disturbingly popular in movies/tv to describe a supposedly desirable woman. That disturbs me in so many different ways! I know my husband has always said he would prefer my being overweight to underweight. It is nice to be with someone that appreciates what real women's bodies are like. Square hips, no butt and no hair does not a woman make.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Oh and I hope you do really well on your journey,
    Diet itself is only a very small part of Primal health and I think a lot of people lose sight of this.
    Emotional health is just as important if not more important, being at peace is crucial to well being,
    expectations, desire, fear, regret, retribution, jealosy etc, these are all things positioned in our future and past and most of us spend 90% of our waking hours there, it is our attachment to these things that bring us misery.

Yet happiness is only ever found in the present moment, and the present moment is all there ever is or will be.

Vote 1 for the present moment, take in the world around you, the sights, sounds, tastes, smells, textures, use every fibre of your being to suck it up, that is where our energy comes from.

That's not to mention the other things like built in physical activity in our daily life, social engagement etc.
    Last edited by Omni; 02-27-2013 at 03:45 AM.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    PaleoMom - what are you doing in terms of exercise?
    ad astra per aspera

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast