Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 5

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    So you really think that you aren't losing because you aren't eating enough?
    I was being told this, but ive come to the realisation I was still eating too much for me, so I eat slightly less, I am never starving, and I feel good, and have energy and now the scales are consistently moving down more than they were.

Are you always hungry currently?
    What is a typical day of food for you now? And how much weight do you have to lose?
    Are you 100% primal, or do you have "treats" in there?
    I have tracked my calories very carefully for a very long time. I was not accidentally eating more than I thought. To lose I need to maintain 1,000. That never works and once I reach around 1200 I start gaining again. I do eat 100% primal with the exception of a small amount of raw grass-fed dairy. No primal "treats". I don't "need" to lose but would like to lose 10 pounds of fat. My bigger concern is needing to starve myself for the rest of my life just to maintain myself above where I would like to be anyway! I am hungry often, but more importantly I'm obsessed with food all day long. I'm tired of food being my life.

Just to report: Today is day 3 of this experiment. I'm up 4 pounds but my waist is the same size. I also feel firmer everywhere. Sort of like my fat is toning up if that makes any sense at all. I would guess this is an inflammation reduction. Also, my energy is up, focus is better, mood is better, stress is down. None of those things previously seemed like problem areas before, yet I still enjoy this further improvement.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Cats need to have raw meat, grain free dry food may be grain free, but its still cooked.
    Try raw, like chicken thigh, liver, kangaroo, chunks they need to gnaw through.
    No need to free feed cats.
    My youngest eats raw, but he started that way as a kitten. The other two I could not get to transition. I tried for several months.

My complaint with not free feeding is that they all follow me around all day begging for food and waking me up in the night for food (which I don't get up to give them). If it was as simple as putting dishes down 1-2 times a day that would be great, but even when accustomed to eating 1-2 times a day they continue begging for it the rest of the time. For the two small cats I gave them unlimited quantity but in limited meal times.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I have to eat about 3,000/day to lose fat/weight. If I go lower, nothing happens (except I get hella cranky). If I get into the 4,000/day I start to gain. I had been stagnant for the past year on about 2,000/day. Lost 5lbs in the last 5 weeks and I can start to see my abs again.

This is all paleo/primal low carb-ish/high fat on the weekdays, carb refeeds (600g+) on the weekends.

*And I'm a guy - I know you asked for women's opinions, but still..............
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I have tracked my calories very carefully for a very long time. I was not accidentally eating more than I thought. To lose I need to maintain 1,000. That never works and once I reach around 1200 I start gaining again. I do eat 100% primal with the exception of a small amount of raw grass-fed dairy. No primal "treats". I don't "need" to lose but would like to lose 10 pounds of fat. My bigger concern is needing to starve myself for the rest of my life just to maintain myself above where I would like to be anyway! I am hungry often, but more importantly I'm obsessed with food all day long. I'm tired of food being my life.

Just to report: Today is day 3 of this experiment. I'm up 4 pounds but my waist is the same size. I also feel firmer everywhere. Sort of like my fat is toning up if that makes any sense at all. I would guess this is an inflammation reduction. Also, my energy is up, focus is better, mood is better, stress is down. None of those things previously seemed like problem areas before, yet I still enjoy this further improvement.
    Good for you. The weight is almost all water and glycogen and the firmness might just be muscles pumping of from the same. Check out 180degreehealth.com if you have not. He is almost entirely focused on what you are trying to do. A lot of people fly off the handle because he promotes junk food and grains for people in severe need of metabolic recovery but if you get passed that, he has some great advice and the people there are very helpful.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Good for you. The weight is almost all water and glycogen and the firmness might just be muscles pumping of from the same. Check out 180degreehealth.com if you have not. He is almost entirely focused on what you are trying to do. A lot of people fly off the handle because he promotes junk food and grains for people in severe need of metabolic recovery but if you get passed that, he has some great advice and the people there are very helpful.
    I see your taking spelling lessons from you're mentor Zach.

Gee I don't know why the fact that he promotes junk food and grains would bother anybody....................

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Gee I don't know why the fact that he promotes junk food and grains would bother anybody....................
    You have no power here, hahahaha!

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Lol.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

Gee(no comma) I don't know why the fact that he promotes junk food and grains would bother anybody....................(improper ellipsis)
    2/10

See me after class.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Cats need to have raw meat, grain free dry food may be grain free, but its still cooked.
    Try raw, like chicken thigh, liver, kangaroo, chunks they need to gnaw through.

No need to free feed cats.
    Cats need to be fed separately or in groups of similar eating style. As predators they are natural scavengers and thieves.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    2/10
    See me after class.
    <whoooooosh>(The sound of a joke passing overhead)
    I'm an English professor. The switch of "your" and "you're" and the bad punctuation was deliberate. Sorry you missed it.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast