Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 47

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Poor spelling and grammar makes one's writing APPEAR to come from an ingorant person. It is difficult to read. You, billycraig, may very well be the biggest genius on the planet but I could not get past the spelling errors. Chalk it up to me being older, having grown up before computers and having had grammar and spelling be an important part of my education.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Poor spelling and grammar makes one's writing APPEAR to come from an ingorant person. It is difficult to read. You, billycraig, may very well be the biggest genius on the planet but I could not get past the spelling errors. Chalk it up to me being older, having grown up before computers and having had grammar and spelling be an important part of my education.
    Why dont you just apologize for making stupid assumptions and not actually reading his articles. Cant stand people who are so arrogent that they believe they cant learn anything from someone who does not have perfect grammar.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    lemontwist,

Sounds like you are doing great! Glad you are still doing this too.

I'm starting to feel better actually, I think I just needed more water.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 04-01-2013 at 09:09 AM.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I eat to my heart's content, but of paleo allowed foods. I have been known to eat 5 pounds of salmon and 10 pounds of spaghetti squash in a sitting. I am a bottomless pit. LOL

diene is offline Senior Member
    Bump. How's everyone doing? I haven't participated much on this thread, but I'm still doing the no counting and no restricting thing. I've only gained a pound, but I'm not sure if it's a pound of fat or if it's just water weight from all the extra workouts I've been doing. I'm starting to lose faith and thinking about restricting again. I'm afraid that I'm never going to lose weight ever again.

If nothing else, bumping up the metabolism by eating more should allow you to lose weight at a higher calorie level than before.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am still not tight and athletic looking. Weight got up to 135 lbs (with a very large thigh increase on the top of the thigh & belly hang increase), now that I finally weighed in this Saturday. I stopped weighing and tracking about Oct-November, and I was about 123-125 lbs at that time, trying to go down to 118-120 lbs. My LBM is ~ 105 lbs. I was doing X-fit inspired WODs (ie same reps as posted, but with the weight I can handle and without time limit) for slightly over a month until March 23rd when I injured my knee. This weekend it was icy and horrid outside, so I skipped the workout on Sunday but still ate (house bound) and weight shot up to 138 lbs this morning. I am doing a fasting day today for as long as I can manage, hopefully till tomorrow morning, and then, I am afraid I cannot continue to eat to satiation.

Overall, I had a better result, ~ 132 lbs with 107 lbs LBM when I bulked up, doing the 5x5 lifting regimen with eating 1800-2200 cals a day including a serving of non-glutenous grain for muscular gain.

For lean-ness, I had a far better result when starving and loading using the Ultimate Diet 2.0.

I am not sure what I am doing about food restrictions yet, but I know that I am going back to the 5x5 starting from scratch with an empty bar. With food, I am most likely going to try for 1 full day of fasting, and then follow lean gain idea on all other days (high carb/low fat on lifting days at slight surplus, and low carb/high fat on cardio days at slight deficit). If anything, these past 5 months for SURE should qualify as giving me methabolic and adrenal rest, and convinced me beyond any doubt that I absolutely cannot feed myself to satiation and look good.

So, yeah, re-hashing on all the appetite suppression tricks and the least caloric foods for the biggest bulk and all that stuff.
    Last edited by Leida; 04-08-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    these past 5 months for SURE should qualify as giving me methabolic and adrenal rest, and convinced me beyond any doubt that I absolutely cannot feed myself to satiation and look good.

So, yeah, re-hashing on all the appetite suppression tricks and the least caloric foods for the biggest bulk and all that stuff.
    Leida, just wondering - do you have a history of ED? If so, it may take longer for your body to start letting go of the fat because it's still waiting for another "Famine".

Edit: Also, have you had your bloods done and your thyroid checked?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-08-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    If anything, these past 5 months for SURE should qualify as giving me methabolic and adrenal rest...
    I know that's a typo, but I think it should be a word.

Leida,

I'm curious if you have tracked your body temperature at all? I'd be curious if it came up and the weight never came off or if the temp is still low...

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast