Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 45

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    @YogaBare - go back to the eatopia site I sent you to and look up extreme hunger. That is totally normal to have after depriving yourself. Once the body gets the picture that you are feeding it, it will get super hungry and start to ask for all that it's been missing out on.

That temp is super low, sounds like it really good that you are doing this!
    Thanks Paleomom I have to read more on that site - it's amazing. For the last two days I've literally been getting pains from hunger. This whole experience is just so weird. I started a journal here btw, in case anyone is interested in following: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread80832.html. I'm loosely tracking what I eat, and I'm averaging 3.5k a day.

The temperature shocked me a little bit. I haven't noticed myself feeling warmer since starting this... apart from the night sweats! At least now I'll be able to gage it. With insomnia, night sweats, low body temp, depression and erratic energy levels though, it's looking like it could be a thyroid condition
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Same toothpaste for the past 5+ years
    Me too, but when I switched pastes as an experiment the problem went away. Obviously YMMV...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If the thermometer is brand new, it could be defective.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If the thermometer is brand new, it could be defective.
    I thought that too... so I took my temp again after this afternoon after exercising. 97.88 when I put it under my tongue, 97.34 under my armpit. So it's showing a variety of temps. I could always try it on my warm blooded male house mates...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I would definitely try it on one of your housemates.

I think it's also possible that you may have been cold overnight. The lowest temp I was ever measured at was 96 in the middle of the day after walking a mile through a snowstorm. We just couldn't get me warmed up.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have read somewhere that what your grandmother ate effects you. i know all our eggs form in utero so it kinda makes some sense from that pov. i should prob lecture my kids on this matter LOL they will truly think i am crazy then. thankfully mine all grew up way out the back boonies and their junk food would have been sugar or white flour not McDs and KFC. i dont even think either of them drank altho one did smoke.
    Oh great!! My maternal grandmother was an alcoholic and smoker and died of liver failure at age 55 ! I remember in my freshmen Bio Lab the TA telling us that when we were pregnant with a girl in a way we were also carrying our future grandchildren. I never really put two and two together and it's implications for my health until your comment.

At least my MoM was by most standards a health nut. We grew up all natural whole foods and our main carb sources were fruit and white rice. No sugar or flour allowed while growing up. That is until she got brainwashed by CW (as did I) and gave up when a lowfat diet high grain diet in menopause made her gain 50 lbs.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Prior to your initiative to "eat the food", were you or had you been eating particularly low calorie and low carb?

95.9 is not a normal temperature at all. There are a few reasons you could have this temperature:
    1) you slept with mouth open - mouth breathing can generate an inaccurate read
    2) your thermometer battery is low (assuming it's digital)
    3) your thermometer was really cold and didn't have time to warm up to your actual temperature before beeping (assuming again that it's digital). In this situation, Matt Stone recommends warming up the tip of the thermometer with your hand for a few seconds to avoid false readings.
    4) you're hypothyroid
    5) you are anemic

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Amber, have you tried drinking calories instead of eating them? Full fat milk is normally recommended, but you sound like someone who can go for hot chocolate with honey and cream
    Also, if you increased fat and starch at the same time, it is one of the satiating mechanisms, so try going for foods that do not satiate you but have high caloric load. For example for me it's fat on its own, without carbs/starch. It also has advantage of not distending your stomach. Take a look at nut butter or cheese, maybe.

97.88 when I put it under my tongue, 97.34 under my armpit. So it's showing a variety of temps.
    Tongue, rectal and armpit temperatures are supposed to be different. Like I always take armpit even if it takes longer, because how it was done back home and I know the normal T number, and under the tongue is different. Plus, I never figured a trick of holding thermometer in my mouth.
    Last edited by Leida; 03-22-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Tongue, rectal and armpit temperatures are supposed to be different. Like I always take armpit even if it takes longer, because how it was done back home and I know the normal T number, and under the tongue is different. Plus, I never figured a trick of holding thermometer in my mouth.
    Yip I meant that the thermometer isn't just showing one default temperature, therefore it might not be broken.

- Ray Peat

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Oh great!! My maternal grandmother was an alcoholic and smoker and died of liver failure at age 55 !
    it depends what she was doing before she had kids as to what you have inherited.

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast