Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 43

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have read somewhere that what your grandmother ate effects you. i know all our eggs form in utero so it kinda makes some sense from that pov. i should prob lecture my kids on this matter LOL they will truly think i am crazy then. thankfully mine all grew up way out the back boonies and their junk food would have been sugar or white flour not McDs and KFC. i dont even think either of them drank altho one did smoke.
    There's a documentary on this topic: BBC - Science & Nature - Horizon

Here's a link to the first part of it: Part 1 of 5 - The Ghost in your Genes - BBC Horizon - YouTube

My granddad was in Auschwitz, so god only knows what I inherited..!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have read somewhere that what your grandmother ate effects you. i know all our eggs form in utero so it kinda makes some sense from that pov. i should prob lecture my kids on this matter LOL they will truly think i am crazy then. thankfully mine all grew up way out the back boonies and their junk food would have been sugar or white flour not McDs and KFC. i dont even think either of them drank altho one did smoke.
    Yeah, 'junk' is completely relative. My kids have given up begging for me to buy a loaf of bread at the supermarket for them (just one loaf! please!). Baking biscuits and muffins with grandma (using real flour!) or me making 'Dad's World famous homemade pizza' is what blows their mind.

Kids are great.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    My granddad was in Auschwitz, so god only knows what I inherited..!
    i think alot of it comes down the maternal line. my paternal grandmother was in that neck of the woods at the same time. was half jewish and dodged the camps. she did the refuge thing with the russians chasing them. they all starved badly too. i dont know what they ate when they did get to eat and there is no one left to ask now. i do know they all lived on toast and jam and tea in the depression. they also got fruit as it was there and easy to get and seafood for the same reason.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    It is called epigenetics and it's facinating!

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    The book "Deep Nutrition" is good and all about the generation effect as well as from one sibling to the next. Very WAP of course.

Good morning from rainy London folks

I bought a thermometer yesterday and just took my morning temperature (using Matt Stone's method): 95.9F. Can this be right?! I know my body has a lot of difficulty in regulating temperature (freeze in the cold, sweat profusely in the heat), but this seems really low.

Also, my good sleep is wearing off, even though I'm eating 3.5K cals a day (it's 5am here now, I woke up half an hour ago after going to bed at 12.30) It was like this yesterday too. And I'm waking up hungry, which is the kicker. I can understand waking up wanting breakfast when I'm starving myself, but 3.5K cals a day? Doesn't make sense...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    The book "Deep Nutrition" is good and all about the generation effect as well as from one sibling to the next. Very WAP of course.
    Just googled it - looks interesting! (What does WAP mean?)

- Ray Peat

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Weston A Price - WAP - Traditional diet health organisation.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Good morning from rainy London folks

I bought a thermometer yesterday and just took my morning temperature (using Matt Stone's method): 95.9F. Can this be right?! I know my body has a lot of difficulty in regulating temperature (freeze in the cold, sweat profusely in the heat), but this seems really low.

Also, my good sleep is wearing off, even though I'm eating 3.5K cals a day (it's 5am here now, I woke up half an hour ago after going to bed at 12.30) It was like this yesterday too. And I'm waking up hungry, which is the kicker. I can understand waking up wanting breakfast when I'm starving myself, but 3.5K cals a day? Doesn't make sense...
    Prior to your initiative to "eat the food", were you or had you been eating particularly low calorie and low carb?

95.9 is not a normal temperature at all. There are a few reasons you could have this temperature:
    1) you slept with mouth open - mouth breathing can generate an inaccurate read
    2) your thermometer battery is low (assuming it's digital)
    3) your thermometer was really cold and didn't have time to warm up to your actual temperature before beeping (assuming again that it's digital). In this situation, Matt Stone recommends warming up the tip of the thermometer with your hand for a few seconds to avoid false readings.
    4) you're hypothyroid

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why do you need to take morning temperature? Sorry, I must have missed it somewhere earlier in the thread.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast