Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 38

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How long are you ladies planning to do this? I've started to gain weight and I really don't think I'll be able to stick it for more than two weeks...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Weight can always come back off, eat until you feel better.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Pretty much this. Until I see some marked improvements such as regaining the colour in my face, better condition to my skin, hair and nails and a body temp above 98.0 on a consistent basis, at the very least.

Zach is offline Banned
    This is entirely it. If you are in a constant state of dieting, you will never be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Pretty much this. Until I see some marked improvements such as regaining the colour in my face, better condition to my skin, hair and nails and a body temp above 98.0 on a consistent basis, at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    This is entirely it. If you are in a constant state of dieting, you will never be healthy.
    Thanks folks. Problem is I'm feeling worse health-wise, and doubting my sanity (more than usual )! But, as Churchill said: "When you're going through hell, keep going".
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks folks. Problem is I'm feeling worse health-wise, and doubting my sanity (more than usual )! But, as Churchill said: "When you're going through hell, keep going".
    Aw, YB, that sucks... {hugs}

As for feeling worse...physically or mentally (or both)? I suppose I can relate...I don't feel physically awesome right now (there isn't enough lycra in the world for me to feel comfy in my clothes lately) but other than feeling the weight gain, it's not all that much worse than it was before. I'm struggling with this mentally, too, but the more I read about it helps to bolster my motivation to keep with it because while it might look and feel pretty gross right now, the end result HAS to be better.

And, like PaleoMom said, if after all it doesn't work out, we can just go back to doing what we were doing before

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm trying to keep going till I feel better. This certainly has made me feel worse so far, like I got hit by a train most days. I haven't changed food at all, so it really has me believing the theory that I'm finally feeding my body enough so that it can do repairs. Healing is tiring and uncomfortable. I'm having a hard time too, but trying to remind myself of this several times a day. I think somewhere in Matt's book there is a quote from someone about how it feels really good when you are doing damage to your body (living on adrenaline) and that getting better feels really horrible.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

And, like PaleoMom said, if after all it doesn't work out, we can just go back to doing what we were doing before
    Actually that is YogaBare that keeps reminding me of that

Aw, YB, that sucks... {hugs}

As for feeling worse...physically or mentally (or both)? I suppose I can relate...I don't feel physically awesome right now (there isn't enough lycra in the world for me to feel comfy in my clothes lately) but other than feeling the weight gain, it's not all that much worse than it was before. I'm struggling with this mentally, too, but the more I read about it helps to bolster my motivation to keep with it because while it might look and feel pretty gross right now, the end result HAS to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I'm trying to keep going till I feel better. This certainly has made me feel worse so far, like I got hit by a train most days. I haven't changed food at all, so it really has me believing the theory that I'm finally feeding my body enough so that it can do repairs. Healing is tiring and uncomfortable. I'm having a hard time too, but trying to remind myself of this several times a day. I think somewhere in Matt's book there is a quote from someone about how it feels really good when you are doing damage to your body (living on adrenaline) and that getting better feels really horrible.
    thanks guys You know, what got me freaking out was not so much the weight gain, as waking up this morning and seeing that a few wrinkles were deeper. Then I read this:

Here is the simple process of aging. Every living cell within our body creates waste products. The nutrients from our food are delivered to each cell and they burn with oxygen to provide energy for us to live. The burned nutrients are the waste products. Whether you eat gourmet or junk food, all food generates waste products. The food that is either good or bad for you is determined by the amount and quality of the wastes produced: toxic, acid, alkaline, etc. Most of our cells go through metabolism and old dead cells become waste products.

These waste products must be discharged from our body. In fact, our body tries its best to dispose of them through urine and perspiration. Virtually all waste products are acidic; that is why urine is acidic and skin surface is also acidic. The problem is that, due to several reasons, our body cannot get rid of 100% of the waste products it produces.

The question is: "What happens to those non-disposed acidic waste products?" The answer is simple. These waste products become solid wastes, such as, cholesterol, fatty acid, uric acid, kidney stones, urates, phosphates, sulfates, etc., and, unknown to us, they accumulate and build-up somewhere within our body. This accumulation of non-disposed acidic wastes within our body is the aging process(1).
    And I started wondering if this is why I feel worse. I've been having terrible night sweats, and have been peeing non-stop.

Granted, it comes off one of those alkaline diet sites, but it kind of makes sense... Although I suppose it comes back to the "is it better to over-eat or under-eat" question. I should make a thread about that...

What do you think?

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Actually that is YogaBare that keeps reminding me of that
    HA! My own words coming back to reassure me... nice

- Ray Peat

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast