Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 29

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    The fatigue is getting to me a bit and for awhile had me wanting to go back to obsessing over my food again. In the past whenever I feel down I seem to change something about the way I eat or cut back even more. I always feel better when I'm lighter and so I think I have cut in the past to try and get back to the feel good weight.

I'm continuing to have crazy broccoli cravings, to the point of going to the store just for broccoli at times when I really just want to lay in bed. Weird. I also had a very strong cold poultry craving today. I feel very in tune with exactly what my body needs now. It is so new and strange to feel like my cravings are actual needs instead of just horrid foods that nobody needs. I can actually satisfy the cravings and feel like I'm doing something good for my body.
    Keep going with it! I mentioned in a previous post that I've been flirting with this since November. Weirdly I hadn't read anything about it - no Matt Stone or whatever: It was an intuitive realisation that my body needed to heal. But I keep getting impatient with the weight gain and start cutting cals. When I do this I lose very quickly, but it's then followed by a period of binging (on crap, of course) and I gain it all back plus some.

At the moment I'm eating a lot, but it's day-on, day off. No binging though, which is very liberating. You're inspiring me to try taking it a bit further. Only a few winter months left eh? May as well take advantage of being able to wear layers!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Have you been tested for SIBO?
    And much, much more.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Keep going with it! I mentioned in a previous post that I've been flirting with this since November. Weirdly I hadn't read anything about it - no Matt Stone or whatever: It was an intuitive realisation that my body needed to heal. But I keep getting impatient with the weight gain and start cutting cals. When I do this I lose very quickly, but it's then followed by a period of binging (on crap, of course) and I gain it all back plus some.

At the moment I'm eating a lot, but it's day-on, day off. No binging though, which is very liberating. You're inspiring me to try taking it a bit further. Only a few winter months left eh? May as well take advantage of being able to wear layers!
    Yes, I hope it comes back off by summer, but I'm trying to be okay with it if it doesn't. Today my temp dropped to 98.1 and my weight jumped WAY up to 143.8! I've been expecting my TOM, so I'm guessing today is the day. I've never had a weight change in the past in relation to my TOM, so this is new. Fun.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    You'll be fine it will all balance out. If anything this a great experiment for you so you know what you truly burn and what your body needs to maintain/gain/lose. I've done something similar and learned I'm one of those women that eats a TON (seriously I impress people and out eat most guys lol) but then I'll have days where I'm just not hungry and eat one meal. If anything you're giving your body an opportunity to build muscle.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCates190 View Post
    You'll be fine it will all balance out. If anything this a great experiment for you so you know what you truly burn and what your body needs to maintain/gain/lose. I've done something similar and learned I'm one of those women that eats a TON (seriously I impress people and out eat most guys lol) but then I'll have days where I'm just not hungry and eat one meal. If anything you're giving your body an opportunity to build muscle.
    I do feel like I'm rebuilding inside. The fatigue I'm experiencing is very much like after a long day of hard physical labor and very much not like when I just had chronic fatigue. Subtle, but different.

When you say you did something similar, do you bump up calories by quite a bit? If so did you gain and then have it come off at the same caloric level? I'd love more detail if you are willing

Frankie3614 is offline Junior Member
    I never turned Paleo with the intention of loosing weight. I cut out carbs on the SCD diet to help some severe stomach bloating. I have struggled with an eating disorder for years, always trying to cut calories and over exercise to loose weight. After going on the SCD diet and turning paleo, focusing on my stomach problems rather than my weight, I just lost so much weight. I had stopped exercising (previously was going to gym everyday), and eating as much as I needed, and certainly more fat than i ever have done before. I have put back on a bit of weight and feel i have stablised at 50KG.

I really feel your body has it's own ideal weight and it will only work with you to reach it under the right conditions. Cutting out carbs was just a simple solution for me. I don't think trying to overeat would be a good idea, it is not easy to just fool your own metabolic rate. Your body needs energy and hunger is the signal that it isn't getting enough. Rather than adjusting the amount you're eating you need to keep adjusting fat, protein and carb proportions in your diet and perhaps find the lowest amount of carbs you can go. overeating won't help!! your metabolism isn't 'broken', you just aren't giving yourself the conditions it is asking for. You're metabolism is probably better at burning fat than you give it credit for.

At the same time, you're body's ideal weight may not align with the ideal image you have of yourself in your head. It has taken me a long time to realise that the perfect body i wanted to look like was neither healthy or sustainable. If you've already lost weight, and nothing seems to be working, maybe you have reached what is optimally healthy for you.

Hey guys, I think I belong here.

Been paleo for the past 3-4 months, I'm about 80%, as I have cheat weekends sometimes, and/or don't turn down cheesecake or a burger if I'm at a special event. I can go weeks being 100% paleo.

I've currently lost my period, as my weight has dropped with no recent cheat weeks. I went from 119 to 115. I've currently upped my caloric intake to 3000+, and still nothing. Eating almonds, pure animal fat, coconut cream, chocolate bars... waiting for some weight gain to happen... This has been in the past 3 weeks. I've also lost my period, it hasn't shown up at all this month, so I'm thinking my bodyfat is too low. I'm hoping adding the extra fat will help me with a bit of weight gain (aiming for 120-123), and I'm hoping it goes back to my boobs (where I seem to have lost it) and my bum... Any thought on this ladies? I'm having a really hard gaining back the weight, but I guess all in due time...

Must add... i've been lean my entire life. Always ranging from 113 to 125, but having started paleo my body fat has really dropped off. I am digging my muscles though

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amber_maiden View Post
    Hey guys, I think I belong here.

Been paleo for the past 3-4 months, I'm about 80%, as I have cheat weekends sometimes, and/or don't turn down cheesecake or a burger if I'm at a special event. I can go weeks being 100% paleo.

I've currently lost my period, as my weight has dropped with no recent cheat weeks. I went from 119 to 115. I've currently upped my caloric intake to 3000+, and still nothing. Eating almonds, pure animal fat, coconut cream, chocolate bars... waiting for some weight gain to happen... This has been in the past 3 weeks. I've also lost my period, it hasn't shown up at all this month, so I'm thinking my bodyfat is too low. I'm hoping adding the extra fat will help me with a bit of weight gain (aiming for 120-123), and I'm hoping it goes back to my boobs (where I seem to have lost it) and my bum... Any thought on this ladies? I'm having a really hard gaining back the weight, but I guess all in due time...

Must add... i've been lean my entire life. Always ranging from 113 to 125, but having started paleo my body fat has really dropped off. I am digging my muscles though
    One word, carbs.

Taking in between 150 and 300g of carbs a day... I should up it more than that?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    One word, carbs.
    Hey I agree! Carbs should help you put on some weight. Fruit and sweet potato preferred.

Woops just saw your already eating 150-300g/day. Well your gonna have to just get your calories way up then. Throw in a whole extra meal somewhere if you can.

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast