Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 28

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I think someone touched upon this already, so I'd just like to validate that (I believe) many people who shovel food down their throats like its their job and don't seem to gain an ounce are probably suffering from issues that don't allow for proper nutrient absorption (i.e. celiacs). As the tiniest little runt of a child, I ate more than my full grown family members and still looked like a twig. It only later turned out that I had some serious digestive issues (not celiac) and have since filled out after healing somewhat. I am only 107 pounds but I'm curvy and have some hips to pinch. I'm also still very young, so I can't tell how I'll fare later on.
    Last edited by ombat; 03-10-2013 at 09:30 PM.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    This would be me. I'm in my early 30s, am naturally lean, and have never dieted or tried to lose weight with exercise. I pretty much eat whatever I want in whatever volume I want. I don't own a scale, but my clothing seems to fit me year after year, and my body comp appears to be stable. When I've tracked calories out of curiosity, it's around 2000/day, but that's really a ballpark estimate at best. I know that I can easily put away 3000+ in a day when it's nearing "that time of the month." I also have bounce-off-the-wall energy most of the time.

I really don't track macros at this point. I eat plenty of meat, lots of veggies, some fruit, and I'm not afraid of sweet potatoes and squash. I pretty much eat what I feel like eating, with a caveat on the nuts and cheese because those can easily push out more nutritious fare.

I eat Primal because I feel better this way. My energy levels are more stable, I don't get acne, and I just feel GOOD. I'm blessed with a good metabolism, and I'm glad I'm not beating it up with all the neolithic junk food now.
    Thanks for sharing this. The more stories like this I hear, the more confident I feel in what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I think someone touched upon this already, so I'd just like to validate that (I believe) many people who shovel food down their throats like its their job and don't seem to gain an ounce are probably suffering from issues that don't allow for proper nutrient absorption (i.e. celiacs). As the tiniest little runt of a child, I ate more than my full grown family members and still looked like a twig. It only later turned out that I had some serious digestive issues (not celiac) and have since filled out after healing somewhat. I am only 107 pounds but I'm curvy and have some hips to pinch. I'm also still very young, so I can't tell how I'll fare later on.
    I know what you mean, however, there are also people who aren't super skinny and have nice healthy physiques that can eat a ton without gaining. One strange thing about this experiment is that I've noticed an improvement in my digestion simply by eating 3x as much. I find myself feeling lighter after eating and bm's are very regular, no gas or bloating.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I know what you mean, however, there are also people who aren't super skinny and have nice healthy physiques that can eat a ton without gaining. One strange thing about this experiment is that I've noticed an improvement in my digestion simply by eating 3x as much. I find myself feeling lighter after eating and bm's are very regular, no gas or bloating.
    This is very interesting to me. I have a terrible time with bloating that only gets worse with the more I eat (whether it be more meat, more starch, or more veggies - very low fiber / low FODMAP ones, even). So I will be keeping up with how this continues for you. Are you eating more of everything? Fats, carbs, and protein?

This is very interesting to me. I have a terrible time with bloating that only gets worse with the more I eat (whether it be more meat, more starch, or more veggies - very low fiber / low FODMAP ones, even). So I will be keeping up with how this continues for you. Are you eating more of everything? Fats, carbs, and protein?
    Yes, more of everything, just following what my body wants. I should have said also that before starting this I had already been on to the idea that extra fat was a symptom of nutrient deficiency, which can be caused by leaky gut - so, I had started taking HCl and digestive enzymes with meals as well as l-glutamine first thing in the morning. Since doing this I have kept up with the l-glutamine but I stopped needing to take the enzymes and HCl. They had been helping me feel less bloated and gassy after meals and to just generally feel like I was digesting better.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Yes, more of everything, just following what my body wants. I should have said also that before starting this I had already been on to the idea that extra fat was a symptom of nutrient deficiency, which can be caused by leaky gut - so, I had started taking HCl and digestive enzymes with meals as well as l-glutamine first thing in the morning. Since doing this I have kept up with the l-glutamine but I stopped needing to take the enzymes and HCl. They had been helping me feel less bloated and gassy after meals and to just generally feel like I was digesting better.
    Great to hear. l-glutamine really is a life saver. I need to go back to being serious about getting it in everyday. It's just so difficult to find myself with an empty stomach ;)

Anyway, I've been following this thread since its inception and I'm glad to see you're getting results!

Also, I meant to ask, did you have any digestion problems before this experiment or only for that first week or so of drastically increasing the amount of food you were consuming?

Also, I meant to ask, did you have any digestion problems before this experiment or only for that first week or so of drastically increasing the amount of food you were consuming?
    Overall, I would say I didn't have trouble with digestion in the past. Occasionally I would get crazy bloated in the evenings. I started the digestive stuff more to just see if I could feel even better doing so. I was also thinking that perhaps I wasn't losing any fat because I might not be getting the nutrients from my food. The true digestive upset didn't start until I upped my calories by 3x. Now I'm still thinking the problem was I wasn't getting enough nutrients, but more because I wasn't eating enough.

I'm about to start my TOM, so my energy is super low from that on top of fatigue from the renourishing. I'm anxious to see if I'll start to perk up in a few days. The fatigue is getting to me a bit and for awhile had me wanting to go back to obsessing over my food again. In the past whenever I feel down I seem to change something about the way I eat or cut back even more. I always feel better when I'm lighter and so I think I have cut in the past to try and get back to the feel good weight.

I'm continuing to have crazy broccoli cravings, to the point of going to the store just for broccoli at times when I really just want to lay in bed. Weird. I also had a very strong cold poultry craving today. I feel very in tune with exactly what my body needs now. It is so new and strange to feel like my cravings are actual needs instead of just horrid foods that nobody needs. I can actually satisfy the cravings and feel like I'm doing something good for my body.

I think the weight gain might be over, or close to it. I've leveled off around 141.4-142.4. My highest weight ever. Not so fun but I have great hope that I will be able to live the rest of my life actually eating til satisfied, not stressing about food 24/7 and hopefully losing the extra pounds when my body is healed.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Have you been tested for SIBO?

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Does anybody else get congestion symptoms right after taking L-glutamine?

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast