I'm considering a campaign of overeating to restore my metabolism like the restrictive eating recovery diets for eating disorder patients.

I'm curious about women who have never tried to lower calories or over exercise and have spent their lives eating as much as they felt like and have maintained a nice lean body doing so. Anyone?

I'm certainly sick of dieting. It has only ever made me fatter. It is starting to make more and more sense to me that overeating at first (to restore what my body has been needing and to repair the damage) and then afterward eating to hunger (still of nice good paleo foods) would result in a weight gain at first but then when my body gets the message that the food is going to continue coming, the fat will go away and extra calories after that are just burned off as heat (and energy for me!).

If the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, then I would be insane to continue trying to lose weight based on calories, food choices and macronutrient ratios.

So has anyone else given this a good long try? Are you someone that has never felt the need to diet because you have always been lean yet have eaten all that you have wanted to?

I'll be aiming for a minimum of 2400 calories a day.