Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 27

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace x View Post
    HI Sbhikes

Thank you for sharing. What are your reasons for favouring low fat?

Peace x
    I needed a source of cheap, abundant protein to help me get strong, so rather than buy grass-fed/pastured expensive meat I get cheap stuff that is lean so when I do get fat, it comes from salmon, olive or coconut oil, grass-fed butter or avocados.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I needed a source of cheap, abundant protein to help me get strong, so rather than buy grass-fed/pastured expensive meat I get cheap stuff that is lean so when I do get fat, it comes from salmon, olive or coconut oil, grass-fed butter or avocados.
    I am low by other primal standards also, but still not CW low. I might add a little CO, but no butter to nutt'n. Most of my fat comes from meat, eggs, avocados also.

PHD suggests 40% for weight loss. Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Great thread about the moon, we may go back to that and try the protocol, just realised this morn she is pretty much in tune with Lunar cycle currently.

We started looking at all the health stuff including menstral cycle etc as part of her healing process from Autoimmune Hyperthyroid and after 6 years she is now approaching remission, with the doctors in opposition all the way through telling her she would have to get rid of her thyroid.
    This process has given me a much greater appreciation of how long it really takes to regain good health and even here I am astounded by the number of people who whant results right now, just like they're ordering "a perfect body" at a drive thru.

Primal is just as much an emotional adjustment of loving who you are as it is making yourself physically aesthetic on the outside, so if you meet half way then that's probably the healthiest place really, maybe still a bit of padding, but that's ok because we have all the rippling muscles underneath, the need to show everyone you have rippling muscles is a reflection of still seeking approval from others to be worthy.
    You're a pretty level headed guy

This has been a very long journey for me as well. I battled with severe adrenal fatigue, heavy metals, strange heart problems and chronic fatigue for almost 15 years. Many things helped a little along the way, food was a huge part of that of course. For me the biggest thing was finally finding a safe way to remove metals. I feel like it is a huge victory that now I'm here with only a few pounds to lose and the rest of my health is pretty great. You are right that even if my body never changes, I have my health inside and that is much more important than a little extra padding.

BTW, I don't have to do any of those tricks anymore to keep my cycle with the moon. It just naturally seems to fall that way now plus or minus a day or two.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quite amazing how many people fail to mention that type of chronic history when they go on about how you need to carb up, juice up or fat up because they do and it's the only way, it's only when you start to see little loose comments in other threads that a picture begins to form of where the individual is coming from. Very rarely has it come from a place of balanced health, so whatever they are doing now is a reflection of correcting their own imbalance and doesn't necesarily reflect what the rest of the population needs.

In my own case I came from what I considered general good health, but within a few months I noticed changes in a number of symptoms in both my physical and psychological health and it's only then I realised I too was sick, but just didn't realise it because I had been that way forever.

So for me I have found I have both Dairy and Grain sensitivity and am more of a fat eater than carb eater, but love my fruit so my fats and carbs are more in the balanced state calorifically, still exploring my own health, one thing is I do have mild psoriasis and this is now considered likely to be an autoimmune condition so that leads me to suspicions there are still deeper issues within my body.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    ..... reflection of correcting their own imbalance and doesn't necesarily reflect what the rest of the population needs.

..... but just didn't realise it because I had been that way forever.

..... leads me to suspicions there are still deeper issues within my body.
    Sounds similar to what Paul of PHD told me also. He told me my goal should be to be healthy and feel good, and weight loss will come when I fix the other issues and it might take awhile to figure out what those even are. He told me to focus on nourishing foods and circadian rhythm strategies, among other things.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yes, and my low fat, high protein diet can lead me to depression and irritability if I don't take a couple of days to "fat up" a bit. Yesterday it was coconut curry and eggs for breakfast and a huge fatty lamb steak for dinner.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Peace x is offline Member
    Thank you Sbhikes

Peace x

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Sounds similar to what Paul of PHD told me also. He told me my goal should be to be healthy and feel good, and weight loss will come when I fix the other issues and it might take awhile to figure out what those even are. He told me to focus on nourishing foods and circadian rhythm strategies, among other things.
    That is such stellar advice. It's a pity we get so many messages in day to day life that tell us that other things are more important. I'd probably need to tattoo it on my wrist before I could really remember to implement it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I'd probably need to tattoo it on my wrist before I could really remember to implement it.
    i always say i am gonna get the word "respect" tattoed somewhere where i can easily see it. it pretty much covers everything for me.

Mouse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I'm curious about women who have never tried to lower calories or over exercise and have spent their lives eating as much as they felt like and have maintained a nice lean body doing so. Anyone?
    This would be me. I'm in my early 30s, am naturally lean, and have never dieted or tried to lose weight with exercise. I pretty much eat whatever I want in whatever volume I want. I don't own a scale, but my clothing seems to fit me year after year, and my body comp appears to be stable. When I've tracked calories out of curiosity, it's around 2000/day, but that's really a ballpark estimate at best. I know that I can easily put away 3000+ in a day when it's nearing "that time of the month." I also have bounce-off-the-wall energy most of the time.

I really don't track macros at this point. I eat plenty of meat, lots of veggies, some fruit, and I'm not afraid of sweet potatoes and squash. I pretty much eat what I feel like eating, with a caveat on the nuts and cheese because those can easily push out more nutritious fare.

I eat Primal because I feel better this way. My energy levels are more stable, I don't get acne, and I just feel GOOD. I'm blessed with a good metabolism, and I'm glad I'm not beating it up with all the neolithic junk food now.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast