Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 23

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    UPDATE: I thought I'd put in a quick update. It has been about a week and a half. I have gained around 6 pounds. I feel like half of that is food in my digestive tract. I look only a smidgen bigger and a good portion of that went straight to my boobs. The rest of me just feels firmer somehow but is slightly bigger.

I had to force myself to get the calories in at first and I was REALLY bloated and uncomfortable. It didn't take long though and now I'm eating to appetite and consuming 3500. I have been weight and measurement stable for four days now, the bloating is all gone and no more discomfort of any kind. My temperature has been stable at 98.3 on the digital and 98.6-98.8 on the glass one, both oral and first thing in the morning. My skin is breaking out. My energy fluctuates between days of feeling great and days of extreme fatigue and needing to rest the whole day. I'm feeling nice and warm too. I did errands today (33 deg. fahrenheit) with just a t-shirt, jeans and a scarf and was totally comfy. Not the least bit cold Each day I'm getting less and less pain in my hands when I wake up (RA type pain) even though I have started eating eggs and nightshades again - my biggest triggers.

ETA: I have also been sleeping really deeply and not waking to go to the bathroom at all. When going up multiple flights of stairs I find myself no longer getting breathless, however, after a large meal I have the opposite effect for awhile.
    I'm really interested to see how this goes for you. Have you said already what you're eating to get up to the new calorie level? I may have missed it if you did; I've been reading this thread over several days.

I hope this works well for you. I may try it once I move (17 days...).

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    I'm really interested to see how this goes for you. Have you said already what you're eating to get up to the new calorie level? I may have missed it if you did; I've been reading this thread over several days.

I hope this works well for you. I may try it once I move (17 days...).
    I have been eating all the normal paleo foods with the addition of raw dairy. Potatoes and Yams are common with a lot more butter than I used in the past. Cheese on a big omelette. A small amount of nuts ( I didn't eat any in the past). Coconut oil bark and a few extra pieces of fruit. I'm still eating salad and broccoli etc. - I haven't cut out low cal stuff just to make room for more dense foods. It was SO hard to eat it all at first, but now it is easy and comfortable and my body is asking for it - no pushing myself anymore.

I used to eat my veggies because I thought I should. I like the taste but didn't want them enough to feel like bothering to cook/prepare them. I still did, but it was more out of obligation. Since doing this I find myself on a huge veggie kick. I would say it is the only craving I have right now. I have been going out of my way to eat more and more veggies.

I lost a half pound this morning and I feel and look smaller and tighter than when I started this whole thing. I feel like it sounds crazy, but I'm wondering if I've been putting on muscle really fast. Time will tell, I'll keep reporting back. The bigger point is that the weight gain was scary on the scale but not in the mirror, except for the temporary stomach bloat.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've found that when I overeat protein, I seem to put on muscle, even if I have a calorie deficit. I wonder if this is related. I'll be following this topic closely. Keep up the good work.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I've found that when I overeat protein, I seem to put on muscle, even if I have a calorie deficit. I wonder if this is related. I'll be following this topic closely. Keep up the good work.
    I don't know that I am overeating on protein so much as attempting to maximize it so that I can gain muscle. I do not overeat on fat. In fact, I don't use much fat at all. I eat lean protein, except for salmon which I guess isn't considered lean. I don't add any butter to anything. Fat is added to cooking just enough to do the job. An occasional avocado, coconut curry or something but daily mostly just protein, potatoes and vegetables, flavoring provided by things like mustard, hot sauce, salsa. I think this is why I have not blown up like a balloon and have gained so much muscle that I can see it, kept my waist the same size and reduced the love handles a little bit. My big thighs and butt tend to erase all my happy thoughts about my body at times, but I am what I am, I guess.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My big thighs and butt tend to erase all my happy thoughts about my body at times, but I am what I am, I guess.
    Word.

But from your picture you do not have a big butts or thighs!

We are all our own worst critics it seems...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I don't know that I am overeating on protein so much as attempting to maximize it so that I can gain muscle. I do not overeat on fat. In fact, I don't use much fat at all. I eat lean protein, except for salmon which I guess isn't considered lean. I don't add any butter to anything. Fat is added to cooking just enough to do the job. An occasional avocado, coconut curry or something but daily mostly just protein, potatoes and vegetables, flavoring provided by things like mustard, hot sauce, salsa. I think this is why I have not blown up like a balloon and have gained so much muscle that I can see it, kept my waist the same size and reduced the love handles a little bit. My big thighs and butt tend to erase all my happy thoughts about my body at times, but I am what I am, I guess.
    I don't want to experiment with this until such point as I reach my goal size. But it does seem to me that protein intake is an independent variable, at least for me.

Peace x is offline Member

Hi Sbhikes

Would you mind sharing a typical days diet please?

Peace x

Zach is offline Banned
    Paleomom, have you read anything by Matt Stone? Your experience and reactions are spot on to what he talks about.

14emom is offline Member
    Below is a link for a great metabolic calculator. I think its pretty accurate:

Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Below is a link for a great metabolic calculator. I think its pretty accurate:
    if i do a typical day, not a going to the gym day, it puts me at a BMR of about 2,956 cals!!

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast