Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 20

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I eat this way because I want to make progress lifting weights. The only thing not working is that I know better that I shouldn't eat so much chocolate, vegan desserts and wine and that maybe I wouldn't be so fat if I just stuck purely with meat, veggies and potatoes in unlimited quantity.

I have gained a lot of muscle, and maybe a little fat since starting to lift weights. My waist is about the same as before lifting but my legs and shoulders are bigger and my spine is now deeply embedded in my back with these big meaty muscles on the sides of my spine. It surprised me to feel that the other day. My boyfriend was rubbing my back and he noticed it with me not saying anything.

How I feel about the quantity? I feel fine. Not stuffed at all. I often wish there was more to eat. But when lunch or dinner rolls around sometimes I think to myself ugh, no more meat okay? Then I start to get hungry and I don't care how much meat it is I'll eat it and more if I can.

I'm going to try to not consume so much naughty stuff this week and see what happens. I hurt myself lifting weights last week so I can't go as heavy. But I can do lots of volume.
    I'd be curious to see what would happen for you if you ate more and every so often logged your foods in somewhere to see if you were making at least 100% of everything. The more I read, especially on Billy Craig's site and Matt Stone's work, the more I'm getting the sense that perhaps this is even more inverted than simply needing to meet our nutrient needs before weight loss can happen, but rather it might be true that the more we eat the lower the body fat will go. This of course needs to be with food that can nourish us, but I'm very curious if there is a point where once we have reached a certain nutritional amount that it might not matter what the food eaten on top of that is made of. I would still stay away from omega 6 as that could still mess up our ratios.

If this works for me and I achieve the fat loss I"m looking for, I'm going to then experiment with eating the same as what I had been eating and then adding on additional food as much as I can of homemade treats and see what happens.

I like the eat more 2 weigh less site except they are still just using the extra calories to stimulate the metabolism so that later they can go back to a deficit (small one, though) to lose weight. From what I can see no one over there has tried staying at the higher calories to see if the weight would still come off.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Thanks SB. That was a great link.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I like the eat more 2 weigh less site except they are still just using the extra calories to stimulate the metabolism so that later they can go back to a deficit (small one, though) to lose weight. From what I can see no one over there has tried staying at the higher calories to see if the weight would still come off.
    I don't remember for sure, but seems like someone ate 2000 or 2600 or something, and dropped down to a size 2 or 4 or something. I can't remember now.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I don't remember for sure, but seems like someone ate 2000 or 2600 or something, and dropped down to a size 2 or 4 or something. I can't remember now.
    Yes, but she also exercised a ton, that wasn't so much a surplus as just enough to meet her needs.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have been the same height and weight since I was 15, so 15 years. Occasionally I was a few lbs more, but as soon as I got sick, or stressed it came right off and would not come back. Most of my life, I weight around 46kg (102lbs?) and I am 165cm/ 5'5". That seems to be the magic number that I can't escape. I have been bullied to the point of madness. I still get remarks. Especially in Germany people are very eager to "tell you their opinion" about such things.
    I've dreamt about being like you my whole life. I still cry every time I let my mind wonder down the avenue of: "If only I could..." Oh, well. Have you ever tried GOMAD? It is extreme but supposed to pack on pounds on the hard gainers.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe that force-feeding calories is good. I think the food you eat a lot of needs to be meat, vegetables and carbohydrates in the form of potatoes or fruit or other similar things.

I think rather than eating beyond the feeling of fullness we women simply have to give ourselves permission to eat as much good healthy food as we really truly want and need to eat. I know that if I do not do that, I have a tendency to give in to junk food (primal junk food like dates, nuts, dried fruit, cheese, wine and dark chocolate) because it kind of tricks me in a way that it doesn't "count" or something, maybe because I only nibble at it, I don't sit down with a fork and a plate. For some reason, a big piece of meat counts. People look askance at a woman who eats big meat.

I have no intention of eating even more than I do. If anyone wants to experiment with stuffing themselves, or force-feeding calories, be my guest.

The Billy Craig site gives me pause because the man cannot spell worth a damn. All his grammatical and spelling errors make him come off as hugely ignorant plus his articles have a lot of anecdotes and what-if scenarios but pretty much don't actually say anything.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe that force-feeding calories is good. I think the food you eat a lot of needs to be meat, vegetables and carbohydrates in the form of potatoes or fruit or other similar things.

I think rather than eating beyond the feeling of fullness we women simply have to give ourselves permission to eat as much good healthy food as we really truly want and need to eat.
    The other thing I am doing.... right or wrong.......... is eating more often. There for awhile, I was eating once or twice a day, and maybe every couple of days... and low calorie at that..... When I started my journey, I was eating every few hours and kept it just under BMR (totally by accident) I am thinking that for now, I need to do this again. Let my body know that it can count on getting some food every 3 or so hours and it is okay to let go of the fat, more food will be on the way shortly.

Maintenance might be different. Eating once a day, or every couple of days, might come in handy. But it was not doing anything for my weight loss efforts. Which sounds so strange to even type that. I still think about the man (oh, it was a MAN for one thing) but anyways, the fella that fasted for a year. I just didnt have good luck with fasting for weight loss. I would lose weight and be happy, only to gain it back over the course of a few days to a week.

So I am just trying to go back to a few things that worked, but just use good whole foods. Back before I heard about insulin spikes, or carb timing, or macros and micros..... The only thing I knew was: I did know good foods from bad foods. And I knew when I was hungry.

That might be too CW, but it seemed to work for me for weight loss anyways.
    Last edited by gopintos; 03-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i def maintained my weight alot better when i was not eating as high fat and low carb. i've not exercised any more or less that i was then. my temperature is still high when i get up i think as i feel warm. i've always really needed to eat 3 meals a day. i can skip one or even two by default if i am out and busy. but if i am near a kitchen, i need to eat.

People look askance at a woman who eats big meat.
    i would absolutely say from my personal experience this depends a) where you hang out and b) what size you are.

slightly OT but has anyone seen Nia Shanks's body weight workout book? i want to get one and at least hers was written by a woman.

Paleobird Guest
    I don't believe that force-feeding calories is good.
    I think rather than eating beyond the feeling of fullness we women simply have to give ourselves permission to eat as much good healthy food as we really truly want and need to eat.

I have no intention of eating even more than I do. If anyone wants to experiment with stuffing themselves, or force-feeding calories, be my guest.

The Billy Craig site gives me pause because the man cannot spell worth a damn. All his grammatical and spelling errors make him come off as hugely ignorant plus his articles have a lot of anecdotes and what-if scenarios but pretty much don't actually say anything.
    Yep. I agree. Also have you noticed that all the proponents of stuffing yourself diets seem to be at least three out of the following five:

1)Young
    2)Male
    3)Athletic
    4)Not suffering from any metabolic derangement
    5)Not taking any medication that would effect metabolism

BMR tables are a good place to start but not everybody needs as many calories as they call for. Eating Primally means your calorie sources are much more nutrient dense and this reduces your caloric need even more.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    BMR tables are a good place to start but not everybody needs as many calories as they call for.
    i also dont know how they accurately work out from my age and weight and activity rate what my BMR is. it all seems a bit random to me as muscle weighs more than fat, plus they have such broad definitions of activity rates. it is really just pick a number and go with it i reckon.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast