Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 519

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 18

  1. #171
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    ... and to get the message that the food is coming and the famine is now over.
    That part makes sense. I was thinking of starting a way more rigid & structured exercise program and timing my carbs starting tomorrow. To the point of anal. I was tired of being anal about calories & nutrition, and thought I might try to be anal about the fitness side of things for awhile. My self-diagnosed OCD only allows me to be anal about one thing at a time. I wonder if I should still only focus on getting my calories up, or can I do both? hmmm. I should be able to do both. The increased exercise will most certainly make me more hungry but it also might only increase my deficit. Probably not by that much though. Just typing outloud.....
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  2. #172
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I did an experiment yesterday and ate "a lot". I ended up around 1700 calories and can't imagine a primal way to easily get up to 2200 calories. I can imagine a high carb way.
    Really? Perhaps it is because I am a guy that this seems rather odd to me. For example, I made a recipe from Chocotaco's blog the other day - ribs. The nutrition info was:

    Calories…2,115
    Fat…160g
    Carbohydrate…6g
    Dietary Fiber…2g
    Protein…155g

    I ate them for dinner. 2100+ calories in one sitting. It was not hard. That was after eating during the day so it was not as if I was breaking a 16 hour IF or something. Actually, I had four servings of Full-fat fage and nuts that day (1400 calories, 96g fat, 60g carb, 92g protein). As well as 6 eggs cooked in butter (531 calories, 41g fat, 2.5g carb, 37.7 protein)

    That is over 4000 calories and I could have eaten again. Carb count was under 70g.

    I didn't get to be 300 pounds by eating 1200 calories. I doubt many people here did (of course, there are exceptions). I also do not eat 4000+ calories every day. I was just really hungry that day. But to say I can't imagine getting up to 2200 calories easily is a bit of a stretch.

  3. #173
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,036
    I didn't get to be 300 pounds by eating 1200 calories. I doubt many people here did (of course, there are exceptions).
    Of course not. But we ate junk food. I could EASILY make 2200 calories with the use of white potatoes, bread, pasta, sugar, primal sweets. I mean, how many ribs did you eat? I guess it does come down to eating fattier meats and using more fat to cook with.

    I mean you ate alot of calories, but damn, that is an expensive way to eat.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

  4. #174
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,690
    Primal is one of the more limiting Paleo protocols, even with its dairy allowance. The rigid carb curve would usually have to be discarded to keep calories high. Fruit, dairy, and starches in much higher quantities.

    I think Mark's carb curve is holding primal back. It has initial great success rates, but much like Atkins, the long-term adherence fails for many people unless they ignore arbitrary numbers.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  5. #175
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Of course not. But we ate junk food. I could EASILY make 2200 calories with the use of white potatoes, bread, pasta, sugar, primal sweets. I mean, how many ribs did you eat? I guess it does come down to eating fattier meats and using more fat to cook with.

    I mean you ate alot of calories, but damn, that is an expensive way to eat.

    I ate all of them, and, yes, that is a very expensive way too eat. I generally only buy ribs if they are on sale. Also 4000 calories is not normal by any means. I just wanted to illustrate that 2200 calories is not hard for me to imagine. I just find it a funny quirk about some posters here (certainly not you specifically) that they claim there is no way they can eat X number of calories. I can and call it dinner

    Edited...looking back on my eating lately it is more a calorie cycle. 4000 calories one day. Today I have eaten two apples and about 2 ounces of cheese. I may eat again later. I might not. I'm just not hungry today. The other day I would have slapped my mother for another rib

  6. #176
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I ate all of them, and, yes, that is a very expensive way too eat. I generally only buy ribs if they are on sale. Also 4000 calories is not normal by any means. I just wanted to illustrate that 2200 calories is not hard for me to imagine. I just find it a funny quirk about some posters here (certainly not you specifically) that they claim there is no way they can eat X number of calories. I can and call it dinner

    Edited...looking back on my eating lately it is more a calorie cycle. 4000 calories one day. Today I have eaten two apples and about 2 ounces of cheese. I may eat again later. I might not. I'm just not hungry today. The other day I would have slapped my mother for another rib
    I don't think anybody said that you couldn't imagine eating that much. Just because you do it regularly doesn't mean that I could imagine eating 3500 calories in a day.

  7. #177
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I don't think anybody said that you couldn't imagine eating that much. Just because you do it regularly doesn't mean that I could imagine eating 3500 calories in a day.
    I think I am being too literal in my thoughts on the word imagine. I am pretty sure there is not a person here who cannot imagine eating 3500 calories. Hell, I can imagine riding a unicorn with Jessica Beil. That does not mean I can do that. As such, I just need to revise my reading of the word imagine to mean "I cannot actually eat 3500 calories of primal food in one day"

  8. #178
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    I think you are not nearly as skilled at mind-reading as you think you are.

  9. #179
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I think you are not nearly as skilled at mind-reading as you think you are.
    Damn, and I just bought this crystal ball.

  10. #180
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,098
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll try to estimate to my best right now.

    Breakfast:
    1 sweet potato: 100
    2 cups cubed chicken breast: 460

    Lunch:
    Mixed veggies (panda express clone): 70 (really?? I find that hard to believe.)
    Teriyaki chicken: 250

    Snack:
    Chocolate: 250

    Dinner:
    Wine: 25 x 12oz = 300
    Sweet Potato: 100
    Vegetables: 70
    Salmon: 300
    More chocolate, what the heck: 250
    Cheese, what the heck: 120 x 3oz (estimate): 360

    Total: 2210

    This would be a day where I felt like I ate fairly normally, if not a little on the conservative side.

    My Fitness Pal tells me that to lose a microscopic amount of weight I'd need to consume 1200 calories. Then I'd lose maybe 10lbs in 6 months or so. If I wanted to stay the same weight, it tells me to eat 1500 calories a day. I eat at least this much every single day. I do exercise every day, but not a whole lot and usually not very strenuously.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •