Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 14

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't think you need to bother with the Biopsy,
    Even though you didn't test positive in 2007, they have only looked at Anti gliadin antibodies in the past, but there is now growing evidence that there are many other protein fractions in wheat which may be just as or even more damaging, so there may still be a wheat sensitivity there. If you are putting on weight now, then just continue doing what you are doing and with the history of Hashi's, avoiding wheat would be advisable.

Red herring is an English-language idiom that commonly refers to a type of logical fallacy in which a clue is intentionally or unintentionally misleading or distracting from the actual issue.[1] It is also a literary device employed by writers that leads readers or characters towards a false conclusion, often used in mystery or detective fiction.
    It's basically a decoy, something that draws your attention away from the true cause.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mireia View Post
    In 2007, but it came back negative. I had a fructose malabsorption then though, but lately have been able to eat fructose.

If I was celiac, I was certainly symptom free, or had minor untypical symptoms. I have been thinking about doing a biopsy to see if I have damage to my intestinal tract. But I am scared of the biopsy and debating the need of it.
    It is possible for a person to have persistent irreversible intestinal villi damage from unchecked celiac. This is sometimes fatal. But it is a serious illness, and you would probably be aware you were sick. I vote against the biopsy.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Peace x and 14emom: the title of this thread really caught my eye because I have never, ever been good at going low calorie. I'm 5'9" and have always used exercise to more or less control my weight. When arthritis hit me hard in my early 40's I could no longer be as active and put on weight. It became a vicious cycle of depression and weight gain. I had a hip replacement, then dislocation of my new hip, followed by more weight gain and depression. LC/Primal changed my life, allowing me finally lose weight, most of my arthritis and inflammation has receded due to no grains and no sugar. Now, to answer your question: I eat a lot of eggs and bacon, bone broth, salmon, moose and caribou, coconut oil, cheese, nuts, HWC, potatoes and blueberries are my main carbs. I eat fresh veggies in season, but don't worry too much about getting them in winter. (My nearest grocery store is 150 miles away). I drink tequila because I had to give up beer. I can eat a lot, but as soon as I eat some sugar I put on weight. I cannot imagine living on 1000 or 1200 calories a day. No way.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    @Mireia,

Thanks for sharing your story! I feel like this supports the theory quite well. While many things were happening one factor was you lowered calories, which lowers metabolism and weight gain happened. One could also say that you cut carbs which it sounds like your body wanted which became a stress to the body and it reacted by gaining weight. I'm putting a slant on all of this to support the topic of this thread obviously but my point is simply that at this point we can still apply this theory until more evidence proves a different cause.

As for how to gain? Well, simply do what I have done! Starve yourself and then every so often eat more than you did when starving and the weight goes on like magic! It is all fat of course, no or little muscle. (This is a joke of course, please don't actually damage yourself by doing this.)

Quote Originally Posted by windypasswheeler View Post
    Peace x and 14emom: the title of this thread really caught my eye because I have never, ever been good at going low calorie. I'm 5'9" and have always used exercise to more or less control my weight. When arthritis hit me hard in my early 40's I could no longer be as active and put on weight. It became a vicious cycle of depression and weight gain. I had a hip replacement, then dislocation of my new hip, followed by more weight gain and depression. LC/Primal changed my life, allowing me finally lose weight, most of my arthritis and inflammation has receded due to no grains and no sugar. Now, to answer your question: I eat a lot of eggs and bacon, bone broth, salmon, moose and caribou, coconut oil, cheese, nuts, HWC, potatoes and blueberries are my main carbs. I eat fresh veggies in season, but don't worry too much about getting them in winter. (My nearest grocery store is 150 miles away). I drink tequila because I had to give up beer. I can eat a lot, but as soon as I eat some sugar I put on weight. I cannot imagine living on 1000 or 1200 calories a day. No way.
    More evidence for quantity doesn't matter but quality is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Great Link! Funny thing, I read this a few months ago and thought how sick I am of people who are able to eat normal amounts of food and lose weight. I thought this didn't apply to me because I just know I would simple get fatter. Well, I hope she is right and I'm wrong.

Here is another one I ignored because I'm already smaller than she is, so I thought our standards were just different. She is amazingly strong though and is probably at her current weight because she wants to be not because she doesn't know how to get lower.

Weekly Reader Question # 8: Bust Through Your Fat Loss Plateau (Part 2) | Molly Galbraith

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Loved those. So glad to not be the only one. I think I may be a little low yet but working on it. I am finding that I am amazed at how hungry I am now, and can't believe that I wasnt starving before. And if I ever have to go back to 12, 13, 1400, it is going to be hard. Well I guess I did it before, I can do it again. Point is, I just can't believe it based on how hungry I am now.

Geesh based on her numbers, I am still way to low. ugggh Well I guess that should be a good thing I guess.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by windypasswheeler View Post
    Gosh, this is like reading my own story almost. Used exercise to lose weight because I can't imagine living on such low calories. LC/Primal gave me the weight loss I could no longer attain in my 40s despite lots of exercise. But you know what? I don't have to go low carb anymore so long as it's all primal stuff. I suppose it doesn't add up to much, but it's potatoes and sweet potatoes and bananas and even sometimes dates and (yes, really) sugar and honey.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Here is another one I ignored because I'm already smaller than she is, so I thought our standards were just different. She is amazingly strong though and is probably at her current weight because she wants to be not because she doesn't know how to get lower.

Weekly Reader Question # 8: Bust Through Your Fat Loss Plateau (Part 2) | Molly Galbraith
    I swear what Molly looks like is pretty close to what I look like. Sorta soft, maybe a little heavier than what you'd have to be to sport "abs" and be "enviable". But damn, I swear to you, if you have not tried it, basing your love of your own body on what it can DO vs. what it WEIGHS is so awesome. I go in there to do my lifting and if I go in scared to death and ready to fail and then I succeed I actually will say "Hell YEAH!" or something out loud. I don't care who is listening. Then I'll go and brag on my journal. Oh yeah, yet another PR. I benched 75lbs today. How many women can do that?? My success will give me a spring in my step all day while I'm eating enormous chicken breasts and steaks with real potatoes and not caring one bit if it's lady-like to eat such a big portion.

Having a real measure of success feels great and having a body that can do stuff is liberating in a way that just being a feminist doesn't quite do (sorry, I'm old enough that the word feminist has a good connotation). Real physical change -> real inner transformation.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast