Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 12

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Hey, just a suggestion, but awhile back I bought a juicer, and had a rip
    roaring good time figuring out juice combinations that would give me
    the biggest vitamin bang for my buck for the least amount of calories.

On cronometer, for my calorie allowance for the day (think it was 1500 or something) I made
    a juice with a ton of veggies (no fruit) that turned out to be 250 calories and 96% of my RDA for
    the day! 250 cals! That's nuthin'!

So just saying, maybe if you started your day off with a veggie juice, OR, made one in the morning
    and then drank a little with each meal, you'd be saturated with nutrients sooner and therefore
    not WANT to actually "eat" to get the nutrients.

That sounds kinda convoluted... hmm, hope I'm not being confusing...

Anyway, it'd be interesting to see that if you had all those vitamins saturating your
    cells, if you'd even be "less hungry" cuz your body wasn't seeking them out by being
    too hungry.

In any event, good luck with your experiment!!!

Julie
    Yes, and this would then bring us to the Joel Furlman diet. Good idea, however I don't have a juicer and wow that can be expensive for all the produce. I'm curious, do you remember what you put in your juice that gave you that kind of nutrition?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Yes, and this would then bring us to the Joel Furlman diet. Good idea, however I don't have a juicer and wow that can be expensive for all the produce. I'm curious, do you remember what you put in your juice that gave you that kind of nutrition?
    Yeah, but Joel wants you to eat it, not drink it.

That'd take days, and then your jaw would bust off, fall into the garbage
    disposal and get ruined beyond repair. Snort.

I had a crapton of stuff: spinach, kale, rainbow chard, carrot, celery, red leaf
    lettuce, parsley, and a buncha other green leafy stuff I don't remember.

It *was* spendy, but I bought waaaay to much to begin with, thinking I wouldn't get
    much juice out of those things, but boy howdy did I.

That produce lasted an entire week for one juice a day.

If you ever did get a juicer, you could even pre-plan on cronometer, how much
    of each thing you'd have to juice to get the right amount of nutrients without
    even buying the produce yet.

That's what I should have done so I didn't over-buy... even though I ate/drank it
    all, it took up lots of room in the fridge.

Next time I won't buy so much, and I'll try pre-planning myself, cuz I don't think I
    would have had to get so much variety, as most leafy greens have lotsa vitamins
    and minerals that the other ones do as well.

My vitamin K was through the roof! Ha!

Julie

I do have a vitamix. It would be a complete food juice, which is probably better. Maybe not though, so much fiber! I might try this as a supplement to aid me through this first leg of the experiment. Might help prevent/lessen some of the weight gain I'm anticipating.

Long term I think eating the whole food is best. Juicing seems like a great tool to use in certain situations but perhaps not as a focus or crutch. This certainly could be one of the times where it might be helpful.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting ONLY juicing, but juicing in addition to eating your
    regular Real Food.

Say there was one day when you didn't WANT to eat a trough of vegetables, so you
    juiced them and drank them instead.

That's all.

As far as the vitamix goes, you could certainly do that as well, but the people that
    actually juice for the vitamins, minerals, but not a "meal" say that it's the fiber
    that keeps your stomach focused on digesting, than your cells focusing on getting
    the speedy delivery of the nutrients without the hassle of the fiber.

My 250 cal drink of veggie juice was in addition to my other 1800 calories of Real
    Food.

Anyway, good luck with your plan and keep us posted how it goes.

Julie

Thanks Juile. I didn't think you were saying not to eat real food too, I was just commenting on how those (not here) who are so into juicing and seem to stop eating actual food

Body temp was up .2 again today. I'm curious how much of this is due to post ovulation and how much is my metabolism increasing. Time will tell. I tried my glass thermometer out this morning. I had thought is was by the bed, but it turned out to be in the bathroom, so I did do some movement to get it. That one read 98.6 orally! I did the digital one again to see if it had changed and it had only gone up .1 to 98.3. My armpits with the digital read 97.1 and 97.8. I don't think armpit temps are very accurate though. I also gained another .5 pound, no change in waist.

I am 49, menopausal, and lost 1-1.5 pounds a week last year for a total of 60 pounds lost eating about 2000 calories a day. I have maintained that loss for 4 months eating 2500-2800 daily, mostly 80/20. I was amazed how many carbs I could eat, mostly potatoes and blueberries. I was so happy to have made it through the Holiday season intact, but somehow Valentine's day got me and I started eating sugar. Chocolate, ice cream. Gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. So FOR ME, I can eat a lot, but I cannot eat sugar! I'm back off the sugar and hope I have learned my lesson.

Peace x is offline Member
    Hi Windy Pass Wheeler

It is refreshing to hear someone actually eating a good amount of calories.
    It appears that a lot of the women on this website eat very low calories and I'm not sure that is a healthy approach short or long-term.

If you do not mind sharing what does a typical day of food look like for you and what are your activity levels?

Peace x

14emom is offline Member
    Yes, I'm curious too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace x View Post
    Hi Windy Pass Wheeler

It is refreshing to hear someone actually eating a good amount of calories.
    It appears that a lot of the women on this website eat very low calories and I'm not sure that is a healthy approach short or long-term.

If you do not mind sharing what does a typical day of food look like for you and what are your activity levels?

Peace x

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Thanks Juile. I didn't think you were saying not to eat real food too, I was just commenting on how those (not here) who are so into juicing and seem to stop eating actual food

Body temp was up .2 again today. I'm curious how much of this is due to post ovulation and how much is my metabolism increasing. Time will tell. I tried my glass thermometer out this morning. I had thought is was by the bed, but it turned out to be in the bathroom, so I did do some movement to get it. That one read 98.6 orally! I did the digital one again to see if it had changed and it had only gone up .1 to 98.3. My armpits with the digital read 97.1 and 97.8. I don't think armpit temps are very accurate though. I also gained another .5 pound, no change in waist.
    Oh good! I was wondering if you were thinking I was one of those juice freaks... har!

Hey, with regard to the thermometer, this is going to sound absolutely disgusting and just
    plain WRONG, but, well, Back in the Day, when I was trying to Git Myseff in a Family Way,
    I also took my temp all the time, but well, I would put it someplace that was "always
    warm". No variation THERE... and no, it wasn't in my rear end, but close.

Now that I've grossed myself out all over again, and probably this entire board, I will have
    my husband give me 50 lashings just for uttering the words.

BUT! In all honesty, it's fast, easy and VERY ACCURATE.

~Anonymous

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Okay, here is breakfast. Rare steak and potato.
    Pre-assembly:

Here's how it barely fits in my bowl:

My chicken breakfasts and lunches are similar, maybe not as big of potatoes.
    That *is* a ton of food for a woman of her age/height as a non athlete.
    ad astra per aspera

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast