Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who eat a ton without gaining.... page 11

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It all just seems like so much more than I ate before
    Since I increased calories, I just can't believe how I was EVAH full on less! Most days now I am trying to keep it to around 1650 but yesterday was to be a 1950 day, and I was still hungry last night! So I had a little snack. Haven't even tracked it yet, but probably another 250.

I am not hungry so much now though. I am still trying to IF-16.

Anyways, I am exercising more again, and yesterday was a Tabata day also. That just makes me more hungry. When I first started my journey (sorry if I repeat) well after a few months, well about the time I found primal actually, anyways I hated cardio and it just made me more hungry, so I was figuring out that I would rather watch my calories than to do cardio.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    gopintos, I can't quite tell... are you giving this a go as well? or just upping calories a bit, or are those number in your normal caloric cycling?

With all the fertility talk I looked up the temperature cycle. I was all excited to see 98.0 this morning (another .2 increase) but now I see that I started tracking right at ovulation and this is exactly when I should be going up anyway. I suppose my temperatures won't mean too much until I have a month of notes to look back on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    gopintos, I can't quite tell... are you giving this a go as well? or just upping calories a bit, or are those number in your normal caloric cycling?
    Yal I started upping them a little at the first of the year, somewhat, and in the last few weeks, I have been trying to follow the calories suggested by the zig zag calculator. Before that I was following the pattern, but my calories were still usually around 1300, and my high days were 1600. Now my low days are around 1600.

Then the other day on the forums, I was reading about dont eat under your BMR, so that is when I started my journal here on this very subject of increasing calories, rather than hijacking other peoples threads ha That was about a week ago.

So yes, I am trying. I think I was chronically too low for a year. Weight loss has stopped, except for the few pound fluctuations. I did experience a gain, this after I was at a new low about 2 weeks before Christmas. Then after Christmas, I went up 9lbs but 2 came back off. Now I teeder, on off, on off. However I think I am finally starting to head downward now. I think I am going to end the month with about a 3lb loss. My 9lbs peaked at the first of February.

But I had just decided to go with it. To eat the foods that I wanted (I don't mean processed crap - I dont want that) but I mean just to eat the good foods I liked w/o much regard to the macros. What I found was that I am still at about a 3-way split when I eat that way, and I was able to get calories up to 1600 a day. Days like yesterday, I just couldnt get full, but I didnt eat many veggies either. I have been snowed in all week and fresh produce running low.

So anyways, I just went with it, to see what would happen. And it was hard, mentally. I have been at this for over a year, and the last year not much progress -20lbs, and the last 5 months virtually no progress.

So anyways, I would tweak whatever I needed to, I just wasnt sure what that is, but I did think regardless, I wasn't eating enough and that sabotaged any and all other efforts. Now I am wondering if I messed something up and if I should go have some tests done at the doctor, but I don't know what that might be.

I will say, I feel better. I have more energy. I think the things I am reading, are sinking in more now. I see how to apply things now whereas before, I missed it. I did spot check some measurements a few minutes ago, and those 2 places have gone down so I think I am finally gaining some ground now.

So I know, or think I know, the pound increase on the scale, is not so much fat gain but hopefully mostly water. I went from about 50 carbs to about 100 carbs, some days 125-150. I am also doing ST and Tabata and when the weather is nice, I walk.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Okay, here is breakfast. Rare steak and potato.
    Pre-assembly:

Here's how it barely fits in my bowl:

My chicken breakfasts and lunches are similar, maybe not as big of potatoes.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

NOM NOM NOM. Steak & potato is my all time favorite.

I would post a picture of my breakfast, but I just narfed it all down. 3 eggs fried in a tad of CO on top of a bed of 1/4c. salmon and half an avocado all smushed up.

My first half of the day looks pretty high fat. Then it evens out over the course of the day.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Okay, here is breakfast. Rare steak and potato.
    Pre-assembly:

Here's how it barely fits in my bowl:

My chicken breakfasts and lunches are similar, maybe not as big of potatoes.
    I'm not saying that's not a decent amount of fuel, but add a 6-egg omelet somewhere in there if you want to claim to eat "a ton"

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    The point of this is definitely to saturate myself with nutrients. One thing that moved me towards thinking this way was to look at the nutrient levels on chronometer when logging in my foods. It is just impossible to maintain a caloric deficit and meet all the RDA's.
    Hey, just a suggestion, but awhile back I bought a juicer, and had a rip
    roaring good time figuring out juice combinations that would give me
    the biggest vitamin bang for my buck for the least amount of calories.

On cronometer, for my calorie allowance for the day (think it was 1500 or something) I made
    a juice with a ton of veggies (no fruit) that turned out to be 250 calories and 96% of my RDA for
    the day! 250 cals! That's nuthin'!

So just saying, maybe if you started your day off with a veggie juice, OR, made one in the morning
    and then drank a little with each meal, you'd be saturated with nutrients sooner and therefore
    not WANT to actually "eat" to get the nutrients.

That sounds kinda convoluted... hmm, hope I'm not being confusing...

Anyway, it'd be interesting to see that if you had all those vitamins saturating your
    cells, if you'd even be "less hungry" cuz your body wasn't seeking them out by being
    too hungry.

In any event, good luck with your experiment!!!

Julie

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member

With all the fertility talk I looked up the temperature cycle. I was all excited to see 98.0 this morning (another .2 increase) but now I see that I started tracking right at ovulation and this is exactly when I should be going up anyway. I suppose my temperatures won't mean too much until I have a month of notes to look back on.
    PaleoMom, I've been curious about my temperature for awhile now, as it's always on the low side (never in the 98s). I've read conflicting info. about the best way to take your temperature. I have a digital that I was using under the tongue, and it always reads very low, usually in the 96s. I recently got a better quality thermometer that is mercury free and it instructs to take the temperature in the armpit upon first waking up. I've gotten consistently higher readings w/this one.
    Just curious what kind of thermometer you use and what time(s) during the day do you check your temp?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm not saying that's not a decent amount of fuel, but add a 6-egg omelet somewhere in there if you want to claim to eat "a ton"
    Well, there's still lunch and dinner...
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    PaleoMom, I've been curious about my temperature for awhile now, as it's always on the low side (never in the 98s). I've read conflicting info. about the best way to take your temperature. I have a digital that I was using under the tongue, and it always reads very low, usually in the 96s. I recently got a better quality thermometer that is mercury free and it instructs to take the temperature in the armpit upon first waking up. I've gotten consistently higher readings w/this one.
    Just curious what kind of thermometer you use and what time(s) during the day do you check your temp?
    I have been using a digital one under the tough before getting out of bed. I do have a basal glass one though too, I will experiment with it in the armpit and under tongue and see how the number compare to the digital one (so much easier!).

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast