Thread: Tropical Traditions Hemp Protein Powder? page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Tropical Traditions Hemp Protein Powder?

Primal Fuel
    What do you think? I've been looking for a protein powder for my smoothies... I am thinking this might be a good choice.

Organic Hemp Protein Powder - Tropical Traditions

"Tropical Traditions hemp protein contains 18 key amino acids, including 9 essential amino acids our bodies cannot produce. Hemp protein is free of the trypsin inhibitors which block protein absorption and free of the oligosaccharides found in soy.

Approximately 65% of the protein in hemp seeds is made up of the globulin protein edestin which is found only in hemp seeds. The other one third of the hemp seed protein is albumin, a high quality globulin protein similar to that found in egg whites.

The oil contained in the hemp seed is made up of essential fatty acids, fatty acids that our body cannot produce and must be supplied through our diet. The oil of the hemp seed has been dubbed "nature's most perfectly balanced oil" due to the fact that it contains the perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (linoleic/LA) to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/LNA) essential fatty acids, determined to be the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition.

Hemp seeds provide a good supply of antioxidants (vitamin E), phytosterols, phospholipids and a number of minerals including calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, along with modest amounts of iron and zinc."

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Isn't the ideal ratio supposed to be 3:1 Omega 3 to 6 not the other way around as Tropical Traditions is stating? Anyone have any opinions on this protein powder? And if not this any suggestions on a good quality whey?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    IMHO the acid test is how much hemp seed (product to test) would you have consumed as the HG in the good old days?

Other factors,
    I believe O6:O3 is 2:1 and most CW diets are around 10:1 and more.
    O3 is not just O3, ALA is not the same as EPA & DHA and bodies conversion rate is generally considered to be poor.
    What else is present in the hemp protein powder that in signioficant doses may be as damaging as Lectins, Gluten & WGA which of course are complex protein molecules found in seeds.

This seems to be an extension of the health benefits of Flax seed oil and in IMO, these claims are coming out to be dubious at best.
    Have no idea about whey protein, non dairy here so whey is considered as non food in my eyes.

Oh and where is the tradition connection, as far as I know the traditions with hemp are fibre for paper & cloth, seed oil for wood finish, like linseed oil, be curious if anyone has any evidence of a traditional dietary application, I've never heard of it.
    Last edited by Omni; 02-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.

kushan19900817 is offline Junior Member

hemp protein powder

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here guys I am going to also introducing a great protein powder. Yes guys it is hemp protein powder and guaranteed to change your view on how you look at fitness and health supplements. Just go to this site and read more information.