Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many primals do you know? page 2

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Me. And you guys. That's it.

cancerguy99 is offline Member
    There are a few who are Paleo at my CrossFit box but no one that I hang out with regularly. Of course everyone at work thinks I'm nuts but they are amazed at the weight I've lost. There is one guy at work who is going to read my PB book when I'm done.

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    My CrossFit coach clued me into Primal and my GF is on her way now. She's trying my way of eating and has lost weight since she stalled on the low-fat, high protein, veggie bandwagon. Sure does make life easier when your SO is on board.

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Just me...........................and all of you!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Fern is offline Senior Member
    I know 3 other people, my husband, my son (hes only 15 months old though so he eats what I give him) and my mother in law. I am trying like hell to convert my Dad over, my mom... well my mom is just a lost cause so I don't even try. The one teenage girl I work with is slightly overweight and has said she wants to get rid of it so I try to tell her some ideas on it but she says she cant not eat carbs or sugar because of school lunches and the fact they don't have a way of cooking any food at home. I told my friend Scott who almost died from diabetes before he knew that's what he had but he seemed not at all interested so yeah its just my little family that I know so far. But it was this way when I was a vegan also except my husband wasn't a vegan he was a vegetarian.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    3: me, myself, and I. Along with all the great folks here on the boards.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    A few of us kicked from my general area (Kansas City) talked about setting up a get together at one point. It sucks that we're all spread out over the globe such as we are.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    2.5: Me, My recently converted BF, and my soon-to-convert-but-wants-to sister : )

I absolutely cannot wait to find another primal/paleo friend that isn't doing it because of my influence and can be a part of my regular life.

If it weren't for the folks on the forum, I would probably have given up in frustration LONG before I saw any of the positive effects. I do feel like I "know" some people, but I think that's just online familiarity. I have a number of friends who I see maybe once a year but communicate with all the time on facebook. I also have a large number of primal folks on facebook, so it's almost like the same relationship but without the once a year in person.

I look forward to a gathering that's even kind of close to where I live lol

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    I'm the only Primal I know...although my brother is really close being very gluten intolerant...

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    the only primal-ish people I know are some of my family members, who are converts but still cave into the bad stuff on a regular basis. It would be so great to be part of a Primal/Paleo social group. I wish I had worked more on that while I was in NYC. I am currently in Peru so you can imagine how much more harder it is to find like-minded people here
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast